Chapter 6

Once they had all eaten the plates vanished.

"Az, why don't you show Ava around Velaris, Mor, why don't you go as well, but that does not mean you are taking her to Rita's," Feyre suggested.

Mor glared at Feyre before pulling me up and practically dragging me out.

"Mor, she is capable of walking on her own," Az sighed from behind me.

Mor let me go as we all walked side by side.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked, looked from Mor to Az.

"Do you have any hobbies, other than learning other languages?" Mor asked.

"Um, I like sketching, but I'm not very good at it. I also like writing books," I said, looking down.

"Sketching, I can work with." Mor said with a grin as she led me down a brightly coloured street filled with life.

"Morrigan," a female said with a smile as I was led into a shop.

"Hi Ressina, and please call me Mor, this is Ava, she just arrived and likes to sketch, could you help us?" Mor asked with a bright smile.

"Definitely, I have just the things for you dear," the female smiled at me as she began to walk around.

A few minutes later she came back to us, a sketch book and pencils in hand. My eyes widened as I took them in, they were beautiful.

"I can't afford them," I breathed.

"That's why I'm getting them for you," Mor said, grinning at me.

"Are you sure, that seems like a lot," I replied, blushing.

"Nonsense, could you put it on my tab," Mor asked the female who smiled, giving me the stuff.

"Come on, there is loads more I want to show you," Mor said, making the book and pencils vanish with a wave of her hand and dragging me out of the store.

She took me to a café that apparently sells the best pastries in the city, but I knew I couldn't eat them, so Mor took some for later.

She then dragged me round clothing stores, much to my dismay my style didn't exist here, so Mor made me try on loads of different options until I found something I was comfortable in.

We settled on loose trousers and tight tops, as I like the top half of my figure more.

I only picked out a few of each but Mor then picked up ten more and again paid, even though I told her I would pay her back she just waved me off and took me back to the townhouse for dinner.

I still didn't eat much, earning me worried glances from both Feyre and Az but I ignored them both and ate what I could.

"Ava, we have a proposition for you," Rhys said while they waited for dessert.

"Should I be worried?" I asked.

"Not at all, I want you to train with Az on becoming a spy, but I also want you to be our languages expert." He said, earning a shocked look from Mor and Cassian.

"You want me to be a spy and a linguist?" I asked, frowning.

"Your training at the moment will be to prepare you for the meeting we have with the High Lords coming up, I want you to only talk in the shadow language while you're there and pretend you don't know the common tongue so the others will talk freely around you. But in the long run, yes." He explained.

"How long have I got?" I asked, wondering if I would even be able to pull this off.

"A couple of weeks," Feyre replied.

I nodded, thinking about everything I learnt from the book.

"Is it a deal?" Rhys asked.

"Deal," I replied.

There was a tingling sensation along the top of my back.

"Did that give me a tattoo?" I asked, eyes wide.

"It would have done, yes," he confirmed.

"Well now I definitely won't be going back to my world, my father would kill me," I sighed.

"Rhys likes being a prick and surprising people with tattoos," Feyre said, glaring at her mate.

"What, I like to think of it as a nice surprise," he said with a shrug.

"Not all surprises are nice," I sighed.

He opened his mouth to retort but Amren burst in.

"Hybern has attacked the Summer Court. They lay siege to Adriata as we speak." She said, face pale.