CHAPTER - 25

SUSAN'S DEATH

SUSAN'S DEATH

I have never witnessed such a beauty in my entire gruesome life. Maybe Susan would've looked pretty if she had tried attending balls with ball gowns instead of ripped jeans and sweatshirts. 

The hall is very beautifully decorated with yellow lights, but my mind had dark splotches of memory which seemed to darken the place. I rub my neck and try hard not to think about anything that I have suppressed all along.

I purse my lips and I know that this is going to be a long wait, boredom triggers thoughts and I hadn't thought about Susan in a while even though glimpses of her death still haunts me.

F L A S H B A C K

"No, you're lying, Susan would never do that!"I shout at Richard, who was leaning against the floor and cooly whistling.

We were at the Rivera mansion, I was still immature and not good with the mafia word, no 20-year-old would be. I was homeschooled since my father believed that we have enemies lurking around, even the college was taught the same way to me. I study to stay out of blood and murders, but it helped me only for 2 hours of a day and I had to do the mafia duty for the rest.

"I asked you not to trust that bean bagged girl, all she does is seduce men," Richard rolled his eyes and provided me with the footage which had been taken 6 months ago. He was older than me, a senior member of the inner council.

I grabbed his collar and slammed my fists on the wall he was leaning against. I could never hit someone from the inner circle, they were like family.

"Take a look, stronzo," He spat at my face as he pulled me down and pushed me to the same wall he was leaning on, forcing me to concentrate on the video.

"She's just at the Runihara's office, it means nothing!" I slammed him against the floor and grabbed the tape. I rewind it and play the scene over ten times, nothing changed. It was Susan, she was in Runihara's base.

"Cut the crap, who sold us to Runiharas then? us?"Richard looked furious now, he was pacing in and around the room. My head was spinning, Susan would never plot to kill me and demolish what I do, she would never. She loves me.

"Maybe our place is bugged Richard, don't speak nonsense about my girl, you know her dumbass! she'd never do such a thing!" I was out of patience, I need to call Susan and enquire about this. Rain pattered on our windows, thudding with a slight rhythm that seemed to ease me. The video is morphed, Susan would never go to that place to sell me out. She had no reason to, why would she want to kill me?

The Vipers would've been killed in the bombarding last night if it wasn't for Richard who managed to find that there was a bomb. We would've lost everything. Susan wouldn't be responsible for that.