CHAPTER - 22

FEELING SORRY

FEELING SORRY

This frock in my hand would cost my entire closet. This is Katherine's life and what I'm talking away from her. She should be here, enjoying every bit of her brother's affection and extravagance.

"Hey, try this one," Sofia, the fashion designer announced. I worked part-time at Aurora Tales before all this started, as the receptionist. I've never got to meet these leading designers who never glanced at me once, even when dropping their keys.

I would've almost said thanks, but I had to remind myself each and every time that I'm dumb. I think Lucy had already started to suspect me, my skin does look weird. If Lucy had suspected, it wouldn't take long enough for Sofia to suspect. She knew all about prosthetics.

I tried the skinny jeans which had been ripped in the knees with a pale pink sweat shit, trying not to erase the birthmark. It was the sticker lipstick stain, so it wouldn't fade that easily, but I still have to be careful.

"Why does your face look caked?" Sofia shifts her weights on the other leg as she tries to touch my face. I flinch and move back, I wanted her to think I'm an over spoilt mafia kid who likes wearing makeup. If she takes a closer look, I'm done for.

I walk out of the trail room and Aiden smiles at me genuinely. He was the first-ever person to gift me something after my mom, he's the only guy who has ever treated me right. I know these feelings were not for me, but they still felt good.

"You look good Kat," He hugs me by my shoulder and kisses my hair. I'm about to burst into tears, I wanted to plead the truth. How can I ever betray someone like him? 

"You don't have to be so emotional for buying you a dress," He pulls me away and we dissolve into an emotional pool, where nobody else can survive except me and him. I look into his green eyes and find the deepest truth which he hides in them.

AN

This is more like the "get to know the villain" chapter, not the actual one. The longer one will hopefully be updated tomorrow!