CHAPTER - 31

SAVING MARCUS

SAVING MARCUS

An hour ago

I watched Aiden rescuing Lucy, to be honest, it was cute. She has two of the powerful mafia leaders to watch her back. Few women were eying on Aiden and scowling at Lucy, well, she is going to receive a lot of that.

"Enjoying something?" I knew the voice, it was Ethan. I had prayed for him not to come, I can't hold my emotions in place if they're around. I drag him around the corner and ensure that nobody's around.

"What do you want?" I hissed, he raised both his hands above.

"Chill, I just want you to distract Aiden for a while, fall down the stairs maybe?" He's turning cruel like my father and I can do nothing to stop it.

"For what?" I whispered, checking for anyone who might come here.

"We're going to hurt Lucy, and kill Marcus when he's on the edge of vulnerability," He smirked at the master plan. My heart leapt from the ribcage when he finished explaining the plan.

"What if Lucy dies?" I asked him, searching for any possible emotion in his eyes. I was disappointed to find none. What have they done to him?

"She's better dead than alive. That whore is like her sister, jumping from one man to another," It was Richard who answered. It felt weird that both my brothers liked the same person that Marcus dates and dated. I often wondered whether it was out of ego clash, but their remorse doesn't reflect anything. I witnessed an emotion that washed away after a second on Ethan's face, he was sad.

"Look, you don't have to kill her," I don't want anyone to kill Lucy, not after she had saved me and had been very kind to me. And also, I can't see her die like her sister.

"What's wrong with you?" Richard chimed in, he gave me a questioning look.

"Nothing, just tired," I lied.

"Well then, distract Aiden, we'll take care of the rest," He said and walked away. I rushed out of the corner and into the ball area. I hoped Aiden hadn't suspected anything in my absence. I find him and Lucy walking towards the balcony. I joined them.

I couldn't believe what happened next. Marcus wouldn't have expected his father to blurt something like that, and I just couldn't stand there. Marcus did not kill Susan, Ricardo did. I had only shot her that day, but Ricardo made him believe that he did it. He obviously doesn't know how Susan was tortured. Aiden pulled me outside, giving them space to talk. Richard had brainwashed Ricardo to tell Lucy the truth, that was part of the plan.

 Ricardo might be a powerful man, but his only weakness is his pride. Anyone can manipulate him in the name of his pride, and not everybody knew that.

I pull Aiden upstairs, into the terrace. I knew this place, and nobody dared to enter the terrace because that was where Ricardo's room was. I don't care, I don't want to hurt anybody. It's okay if I get killed in this process. Death was better than this.

"What's wrong with you, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the rules. We're not supposed to come here," Aiden tried to pull me outside. I stayed still, debating with my inner feelings. I did not have time.

"Cut the crap Aiden," I finally spoke, and removed the prosthetics. 

"Wait-" His face wasn't like Marcus's. He had all the emotions etched on his face, and he didn't bother to hide it.

"Yes, I'm not your freaking sister, I'm the adopted daughter of the Skulls," I told him, and he was clearly confused. I used to have a crush on him when he was small, but does that even matter now?

"Then-" I cut him off again.

"Yes, I was sent in to ruin something from inside, they kidnapped Katherine and she's safe in their warehouse," He didn't move, he was clearly in shock. His green eyes were examining every inch of my body.

"Why would you reveal your identity? you know that we'll kill you," His voice was soft in concern. But he hasn't let down his defence yet

"What's going on?" It was Ricardo.

"Because they're going to kill Marcus and Lucy, and I don't want to see them die just like Susan," I continue And then I narrated the entire story.

"Shit," Ricardo whispered and ran towards the exit, we followed him behind.

"Why would you reveal your identity? you know that we'll kill you," My voice was soft in concern

"Why would you reveal your identity? you know that we'll kill you," My voice was soft in concern. Despite the fact that Skulls have been in rivalry terms with us for all these years, I did feel something for Natasha. 

I was angry that she hid my sister from me, but she could've done nothing else. I knew that nothing she did was ever her wish.

The huge blue eyes reflected nothing but years of suppression and domination from Dominic Skull, the leader of the skulls. I was surprised at her sudden courage to save someone who's like a brother to me. I felt ashamed about not finding it earlier and wondering how she felt to be in the uncertainty of life and death. I did suspect her unnatural face, but I would've never guessed the truth.

I wonder if I would've killed her if someone else had found it, instead of her confession. The answer was no, I could never hurt someone whom I secretly admired from afar. She looked tired.

Ricardo was hearing the entire narration too. I hated this man, but I can't get but agree that he cares for his son. The Skulls were going to come after Natasha anyway, and I won't let them get anywhere closer to her.

A/N This chapter was not supposed to be this long. It was supposed to be 300-400 words, but I was like, why not?

Do you like Natasha now? and how do you feel about Aiden and her?