Chapter 3

This was the happiest day of Emma's life

This was the happiest day of Emma's life. She had finally won the battle with her parents... They had finally accepted that her love for Regina was non negotiable. Her parent's had finally realised that if they kept trying to break up Emma and Regina's relationship, they would lose Emma for good. So, in order to keep Emma, they agreed to the union.

Today was the happiest day of Emma's life. Today, was her wedding day. She was finally marrying the woman she loved. Preparations for the big day had been hectic, and She hadn't seen Regina in over a week. Quick phone calls and texts to decide on party favours, wedding colours and cake were about all they had for the moment. Unsurprisingly, they missed each other a great deal, but knew the payoff was worth it. 

With the help of her friend Ruby, Emma spent that morning fixing her hair and makeup, but nothing seemed to please. She must have changed it a dozen times, trying to get the perfect look. Emma wanted to look her absolute best for her wife to be. Everything, including her hair, had to be just right.

"What if we tried some earth tones with your make-up, Em?" Ruby suggested, pulling out some pallets of blush and eye shadow from her make-up tin.

 "Hhmmm.. like for a natural look?" Emma asked, raising her brow.

"Exactly." Ruby replied with a wink.

"Yeah, I think that'll work." Emma agreed, "but what about this hair?? It doesn't want to do anything but lay flat, ugh!"

Emma laid her head down at the dresser, her blonde tresses falling limp around her face and shoulders.As she sat there sulking, she heard the familiar ping of her phone. Quickly Dashing across the room, she picked it up.. It was a text from Regina. 

'I know we said we wouldn't talk until tonight but I just had to tell you that I cannot wait to be your wife. I love you so much... I'll meet you at the alter..:

: