Chapter 5

The next week was proving to be rough for Emma and Regina. The case that Emma had been gruelling over for months had hit a huge dead end. It seemed like problem after problem was surfacing even though Emma and her department were previously on a roll. With the Storybrooke Police Department already strained thin, Emma was left with no other choice than to have to be the one to travel to Boston for a week or so in order to try and get this case back on the rails. Having to leave Regina at a time like this would not be easy, but necessary for the case.

"Babe, I can just go with you to Boston, it's really not a big deal." Regina pleaded with her.

"No, it'll be alright." Emma insisted, "It IS a big deal Regina. It's not going to look good if we both leave town, especially together. The last thing we need is for my dad to claim that you've kidnapped me or something ridiculous."

Emma was still fuming with her family, especially her father, for what they had accused Regina of.

  "How dare he call Regina poison.."She thought to herself through gritted teeth.

Emma was that enraged with them that she decided to move out. There was no way she could live under the same roof as anyone who didn't approve of her love for Regina.

"Until you can accept that Regina and I are in love, I simply cannot live here, Dad

"Until you can accept that Regina and I are in love, I simply cannot live here, Dad."

"Emma..!" Her mother exclaimed.But Emma cut her off, "I'm sorry mom, but I just can't do this anymore. You're both so concerned with losing me, you don't even realize you're pushing me away!"Emma shouted at her parents, Regina's hand clasped in hers.

"Emma when will you grow up?! This isn't love. This all some fantasy that woman has pushed into your head Emma! That woman is poison! She will never change!" David shouted back at her.

SLAP

Without thinking, Emma's hand left Regina's and collided with David's face. The slap echoed through the apartment as everyone stood still, shocked at what just happened. All eyes were on Emma now, as Shock was evident on all their faces.. everyone except Regina. She was trying to hide a smirk.