What costed the victory

Ralathor's POV

OK, So... My name is Ralathor and I am a warrior. Or, at least I was.
On that day, I was kneeling on bloodsucked ground and let my tears fall on the top of the magical hammer in front of me.
A few years ago, when the Kingdom of Fife and its capital city Dundee were nearly destroyed by the evil wizard Zargothrax, I went with my king Angus McFife XIII. on the long and dangerous journey to kill the wizard.
Endless battles. Some were won, some were lost. Angus never gave up. And then, in the last battle, Zargothrax stubbed him with something that I hoped, I will never see in my life... It was another of the powerful relics, this one transformed everything good into evil.
With the help of the Hootsman - demi-god of Unst, Zargothrax was defeated and turned into dust. 
I thought, that we won. But Angus...
,, Ralathor?" said he quietly. 
I turned to him, but he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at the knife, that was sticking in his chest. He held the wound with his fingers, which were red from the blood. His own blood. 
I stared at the runes in shock. There was no doubt. This wound was from the dark weapon, that was transforming everything good into evil. The Knife of Evil. 
He fell to his knees. I jumped up to him and caught him before he fell to the ground. I knelt and clenched his wound with my hand.
,, No, no, no..." I mumbled. 
His mighty hammer fell next to us, but I didn't care about it at the moment. I saw, that the sparkle in Angus's eyes was slowly disappearing.  
I touched the knife and wanted to pull it out, but he caught my hand and shake his head. 
,, Leave... The knife... Zargothrax..." he rattled. 
,, He descended to dust." I said with tears in my eyes. ,,We made it, my king. Dundee is free."
,, I am... Angus..." he got out of him and despite the pain, he frowned. 
He hated when I was calling him king, or his majesty. Unlike his father, Angus XII., he didn't care about the title. 
,, You've... Got to... Help me... The volcano... Get me... To it..." he said with the single tear stream down his face. 
,, Why?" I asked. 
,, You've got to... Push me... Down..." he whispered.
 I began to shake my head wildly.
,, No... No... I am not gonna do it..." I mumbled.
,, Listen to me!" he shouted louder than I expected. ,, Zargothrax... He did this, So the evil wouldn't go away with him.  I feel... That... In me... You have to... Help me... Make... The last sacrifice..." 
Those honest eyes, with what he was looking at me... I couldn't do it. Kill my friend. No...
,, If there is no other way... It is my last command..." he said.
I baited my lip. I had to follow the orders.  I threw his arm over my shoulders and carefully led him to the top of the volcano. 
He turned to me and look at me for the last time. 
,, Tell... To the mother and father... In this reality... That I won... On half..." he smiled. ,, This is goodbye, Ralathor..." 
Tears were streaming down from my eyes. I didn't want to let him do it. But I knew that was not able to talk him out of it. 
,, Goodbye, ki-... Goodbye, Angus..." I said quietly. 
At that moment his hand slipped out of mine and he was falling to the depth beneath us. 
I fell on my knees and started to cry. And that I was doing till this time. Someone laid his hand on my shoulder. I didn't have to turn my head. I knew, that it was Hootsman. No one else was left. 
,, You should return to Fife. Tell them..." he said.  
I nodded.  I knew, that Angus would want it that way. I slowly got up and picked up the hammer of Glory. That thing was freaking heavy! I didn't get, how Angus could fight with it So easily. Now it was one of a few things, that was here for me to remember him. 
I returned to our spaceship and ignored goblins, that were running around. If they wanted to kill me, they had a thousand chances already, So I was sure, that they are not interested in me.
I climbed into a spaceship, that Hootsman lent us - because our original was badly damaged a few months ago - and took the pilot's seat. Actually... Our original spaceship stayed here, back then.  I didn't want to see it. 
I turned my head and look at the bridge. There was his place... Orders, insults, but also laughter and nice words. That was Angus, that I knew. I put the hammer next to me. 
,, For the glory of Dundee..." I said, closed the doors, and started the jets. 
I wanted to get out of that place as soon as possible. 
I was preparing myself for telling the king and queen, that they had lost the boy they had accepted as their son. 
Something in my head was telling me, that this was the start of something nasty, that was coming my way. I knew, that Angus wouldn't like that. He was saying about me, that I am a detector of bad news. I shook my head. What unreasonable fears...
That's what I was telling myself. Oh, how wrong I was, back then...