•confrontation•

Izzys pov:

I follow the little girl the best I can. She slips out of sight but I have an idea of where she went.
I turn to Alec and Jace. They both look confused on why we can't seem to find the person we're looking for since she knows we're coming. But then just then a familiar face pops into sight.
Clary.

"Clary??? Is that you!!?" I say as I run up to hug her

"In the flesh." She says with a smile.

I look at her holding the adorable little girl that had opened the door for us just a minute ago. When then it hits me. They look almost the exact same. That's her daughter!!

"CLARY OMG. she's so adorable!!!! What's her name! Is she yours! Ahh!!" I catch myself screaming.

"This is collette!" I say as collette waves.
"And yes shes my daughter." I say with a smile.

I turn back at Alec and Jace and they both just seem stunned. So I nudge Alec witch seems to wake him out of his trance. He then runs over and hugs clary.
" i missed you so much. What are you doing here" he says as he pulls away from the hug

•Clary's POV•

"Just needed to think I guess. What about you what are you doing here?" I ask slightly wondering why their here.

"We have a meeting with a Clarissa vert." Izzy says smiling still admiring collette who is now asleep on my shoulder.

"Well that's me! I changed my name when I came here to avoid attention. And now I'm the head of the institute." I say with a slight smile.

I glance back at jace. He seems stunned at the little girl sleeping on my shoulder. He deserves to know that she's his so I walk over slowly trying not to walk collette. He snaps out of his trance and manages a
"Hey clary. Cute kid."

"You kid too. When I left I was pregnant. This is collette. She's your daughter." I say cringing at the fact I just said that.
He stands there for a moment.
He then looks close to tears. Though I hate him for what he's done I can't deprive collette of a dad.
I slowly pass her over to jace who holds her close to his chest trying not to wake her.
Collette stirrs and then looks up sleepily. She then placed her hand on his chest and drifted back off to sleep.

"So.. that's my neice?!!" Izzy yell whispers.

She runs over and hugs me again. I signal to Alec and Izzy to come to my office so they can wait for the meeting
and then I show jace collettes room so he can take care of her while I'm in the meeting.
-
A part of me still loves jace, and seeing him with collette made that love double. I'm really trying to remember the bad he's done and how he cheated on me but it's getting harder and harder. I slowly shut the door behind both of them and walk to my office for the meeting.

"This went smoother then expected." I whispered to myself

•jaces POV•

I hold the sleeping girl in my arms. I never want to let her go.
After clary told me that she's mine too I never want to let my eye off her or let anything happen to her.

She then starts to shiver so I slowly place her down on the chair in her nursery and go to prepare her crib.
I'm not the best at the whole father thing but I know how to make a bed.
I walk over and pick up collette witch wakes her out of her slumber. I place her I'm her crib and put her blanket over her. She looks tired but then gets a troubled look on her face.
"Mommy..?" She says sleepily

Hi honey. Your mommy's in a meeting right now. I'm a really good friend of hers so I'm just here to take care of you." I say reassuringly hoping the girl doesn't cry.
It makes me mad that I have to be called a friend right now because I'm her dad. But it would scare her to know after three years she has one. So I'll stick with my story until clary's here.

"Mmk." She says rubbing her eyes before putting her thumb in her mouth.

I look over at the pacifier that sits on the chair. I'm guessing she's not supposed to suck her thumb. Hence the pacifier. So I grab it and slip the pacifier in her mouth.
She seems very satisfied and cuddles deep into her sheets and stuffed animals.
Her firey red hair reminds me of clary and her long eyelashes make it look even more so. But the battle stance at the door. That was all me.
-
While watching the girl sleep I was alone with me thoughts.
"Why did I cheat on clary when I had such a good thing going.."
"I cant even remember that night. Or even that week. It was then after I learned what I had done."
If I would have just not gone to that seelie bar none of this would have happened. I guess I had too much seelie drug.
But here's the thing.
I threw my relationship out the window without realizing it. And she had a daughter. My daughter. Who deserves a father that isn't a monster like me.
I get up to leave and go home when I hear the girl call out.
"Mommy's friend?"

I walk back over and stroke her hair.

"Yes what is it honey." I say trying to comfort her.

"Can you hold me please. It's cold in my bed" she says looking up so innocently.

"Of course honey." I say as I wrap her in her blanket and pick her up. She burries her head in my leather jacket and puts her pacifier in.
"Where's my mommy?" She asks as she sucks on her pacifier.

"With a boss man from a place where I'm from. He won't hurt her I swear. Just talking so good business" I say as I push her hair away from her face

"Good." She smiles as she drifts off back to sleep in my arms.
-
Clary's meeting should be done by now so I grab the girl and head towards the office.
God I have to apologize to clary.
I miss her and she needs to know what happened that night.
And so I go to find her