Chapter 12.5 - The Betrayal

*Adelaide Sheridan*

I was standing in front of a big fountain stained with a noble's blood. It's been an hour or two since the Royal forensic team retrieved his highness' lifeless body. There was a nosy old man full of greed and insecurities gazing his furious eyes at me with a rifle in his hand.

"Papatayin mo rin ba ako?" tanong ko sa kanya habang matiim akong nakatitig sa baril na hawak niya.

"I would be glad to do that, but why would I kill the person who made the mission accomplished?" sagot niya sakin. Kita sa mukha niya ang galak at pagkadismaya. Halatang masaya siya sa naging resulta, pero dismayado siyang malaman na ako ang may gawa ng lahat ng ito.

"Kung ganun, bakit di mo ibaba yang hawak mong baril Morales?" I firmly uttered.

"Cause I know that you're not capable of taking out the mission! Hindi ba't sinabi mo sakin na hindi mo na gagawin to? Kaya paanong nangyari na ikaw ang pumatay sa kanya?" I see, he's not that easy. Maybe I need to put on a bit of show.

Ikinasa ko ang baril na hawak ko. At tsaka ito itinutok sa kanya.

"Well, you must know that I have a really bad temper. Should I need to do this to prove myself on this team?" I said as I slowly approached the trigger.

I saw his eyes widened as I pulled the trigger of an empty rifle. He immediately crumbled onto the ground as he kept his head between his arms.

"What a fool." I mumbled as I walked through him.

I came back to reality when I heard three consecutive shots from Sebastian's rifle followed by the audience's applause. I take a look at his work and see a perfect score.

"I don't think you need this kind of training Seb, you're too good for this." Marque swayed Crisostomo. How do I know? Well I can clearly see his sparkling eyes from 10 meters.

"I highly doubt it Allen, in terms of the fighting skills I need to cope up with all of you. It's even hard for me to beat Adelaide so I think this is all I can do for the team." he humbly responded to Marque.

"If you want to beat Ady you should ask Troy, he would be a big help in that aspect. Am I right, Conde?" Marque said as he mimicked me on the last. Sebastian replied with his laughs and as for Conde, he immediately put on his eye shield and ear cover to avoid them and started shooting. His first attempt missed so long with the second one but he got the watermelon's side on the third. Not a pretty good result.

Ang lakas ng loob niyang gawin sakin yun pagkatapos ay konting pang aasar lang nila maa-out of focus na siya? Tsk, such a weakling.

"Hey? Okay ka lang?" Marque apparently approached him but he didn't give a response.

"We've been practicing for almost 20 minutes. I think the girls should try it too, let's take a break." Crisostomo suggested.

"Should I go first?" Demeter, who's on my left, asks me. I looked at her and saw flames all over her body. I don't know if it's an overflowing excitement or resentment towards someone from those three. That was a bit weird, we've just known each other for two weeks, though I have misunderstandings with some of them it's a short period of time to resent. She wasn't able to attend the first session of our shooting range the last time so I assume she's overly excited for this is her first.

"Sure." I agreed and she quickly went to put on her gears. I am rooting for her success, while these two people beside me couldn't care less. Well I was referring to Conde who's apparently standing on my left side with Crisostomo in between.

"Are you ready?" Marque ask her. Siya ang pansamantalang scorer ng grupo. Demeter put on her ear covers and Marque blew the whistle.

She didn't make it on her first shot but it's not that bad, she actually hit two inches away from the target. It seems like she's warming up for her next shots. She focused on the latter and hit the bull's eye. I was blown away in a second. I was supposed to clap when I heard something.