Chapter 10 - The Abduction

*Allen Marque*

The team has been exhausted from the past few days. We've undergone non-stop training day by day. Today is the team's rest day but unfortunately there's an unexpected mission. Ang sabi nila this would be an actual training for the team.

"Aside from the real mission our team is badly needed by the Association." Team Leader Benitez stated as he placed his laptop on top of the table. And there, he started the presentation. He showed us a picture of a young lady.

"This is Lailah Respicio, a 20 year old college student of University of Western Institute of Arts. She was reported missing five hours ago." The team leader said.

"Five hours? Hindi ba twenty four hours ang kailangan hintayin para ma report na missing ang isang tao?" Demeter asked. Well she has a point, paano kung sumama lang sa kaklase? O kaya sa kaibigan?

Everybody in the room remained quiet. Some of us are having a critical thinking aside from Ady who's simply sleeping in her chair. Well hindi ko siya masisisi, dis oras na kasi ng gabi at biglaan ang tawag samin.

"Well here's the scenario. As a daughter of a politician she's very close to this kind of incident. A politician has more enemies than friends. But we still don't know if she's been kidnapped, so I let Allen and Adelaide go to the University, Troy and I will meet the family for further investigation. Sebastian and Demeter just stay put and wait for our signal, you'll be needed here to locate the victim." Team leader commanded.

We were about to go when Sebastian asked the captain if he could come along with me and Ady. Demeter was fine with it so the captain allowed him.

Missing Person: Lailah Respicio

Age: 20 years old

Gender: Female

We went to the University at exactly one in the morning, it's really late and everybody is having a good dream and then this thing happened. I look at my colleagues and by just a look on their faces I can see their tiredness.

"I'm going to check the CCTV footage of the University. The both of you should find traces outside the campus." Adelaide ordered me and Sebastian. In her state right now she's still attentive and cooperative.

"Okay, let's go!" I said to Sebastian, who I think is still dreamily because he keeps on yawning.

We both parted our ways to find clues immediately. While scanning the area I received a call from Ady.

"Marque, Lailah has been seen at the University exit gate at exactly 7:25 pm."

I looked around to find any possible lead, and at last I saw a store near the waiting shed.

"That's good! I can see a store near the waiting shed. I'll be checking if there's a possible witness or lead on the incident."

"I called Crisostomo earlier and he's on his way to the Ballet Studio, probably 15 minutes away from the University, he's going to verify if the victim went there before the abduction. The security guards told me about the victim's ballet lesson scheduled every Monday and Wednesday, they knew her because of her family status."

"I'll let Troy and Captain know about this." I told her.

"Okay, I'll be there in a bit." Adelaide stated as she hung up.

I went to a store in front of the University's waiting shed where I saw CCTV hoping that they might have footage of the abduction. Luckily, the owner agreed to help me.

***

*Troy Conde*

"What would be the possible motives?" Benitez asked the Senator, we're at the latter's compound. He's sitting in a big office chair in his office while we're at the couch, they served us coffee and bread and I see calmness in his face.