Chapter 5- Troy Conde

*Troy Conde*

*Troy Conde*

I was staring at the photograph glued on the glass board.

Everybody's making a fuss to find a faceless Prince.

I let a smirk out of my face.

Is that even interesting? How could anybody hunt down a Prince who didn't exist for years?

His nation doesn't even know anything about him and yet they wanted to eliminate him. I pity him so much.

"A Father" I mumbled as I looked at his majesty's picture. I saw a father wearing toughness and confidence on his face.

I looked at the late Queen's side and there I saw a woman of dignity.

And then my eyes glanced at the last person.

It was Prince Rob who died six years ago. I envy him for being a noble but then I realized that he had a hard life being a Prince.

He has the right to be loved by his people. He has the right to rule, he has everything an individual wishes to have but he lacks one thing that defeats him and his regime. Power! How poor of him to be a powerless royal.

"May you all, rest in peace." I mumbled as my eyes scanned the picture once again.

"Wow!" I heard a woman's voice from the back. It was Ady giving me a curious look on her face.

"How long have you been there?" I asked her.

"Not so long. I just came a minute ago. Don't you worry, I didn't hear anything if you've mumbled any secrets." she answered.

"I don't even say a word." I lied. What will I spill to her? That I wish them all to rest in peace? That's a total creep.

"Sabi ko nga wala di ba?" she said. I thought she's going to start an argument with me again.

"But what's with that stare?" she then queried.

"Stare? What stare?" I asked her back to avoid her in any conclusions she can make.

Sometimes girls are just so paranoid.

"You stared at them like the way I do, like you knew each of them?" She said in a curious manner.

"Of course I knew them, we all knew them Ady. Sila ang Royal Family ng Maharlika hindi ba?" I defended.

"Are you sure you just knew them because of the mission?" she said with all the suspicions in her face.

"Yes, and how about you? What do you know about them? Do you have deep connections with Royals? What's so special with you to be personally picked by the BCI?” I asked her with all the speculations running in my head. If she's suspecting me for something then I assumed that I can throw all the accusations on her too.

She just smiled at me before she got serious and uttered a very frustrating answer.

"If you're so curious to find out, why don't you give it a try and dig deeper?" she said as a smirk was drawn on her face.