Chapter 13 - I'm Here!

*Ezekiel Benitez*

I was sitting on a swivel chair inside my office. I was checking the old files regarding the mission in England six years ago. Maybe I could find some clues if I looked back on this.

I saw a clipped file labelled "Robert Tagean III". I touched the file and opened it.

It was the execution plan for the Prince. The details are still clear in my mind. I have mixed emotions whenever we tackle his brother Khaled. Hindi ko alam kung anong nararamdaman ko tuwing pinag uusapan namin ang planong pagpatay sa kanya. It feels nostalgic. The way we begin planning and soon the execution, it's like the history repeating itself. If I could only walk backwards, I will save him no matter what. I have been living with regrets since then, sometimes it suffocates me to the extent of realising that I am alive and well while he was lying on his grave. I don't deserve such existence. He should be the one breathing in and out of the air right now. Loving the woman he loves and having his own family as he always wanted.

I stopped scanning as I saw a picture of him on the page.

My eyes were glued on his photograph. Seeing how happy he is on this captured memory aches my chest.

I heard three loud knocks on my glass door that got my attention. It opened and an office clerk came in.

"Sir, may mail po kayo." wika niya pagkatapos ay iniabot ang isang brown envelope sa akin.

"Salamat." I stated and then she left.

Sinuri ko ang likod ng envelope bago ito buksan, walang nakalagay na pangalan ng sender at wala ring address kung saan galing. Pero malinaw ang mga letrang nakasulat dito na bumubuo sa pangalan ko at Address ng opisina ko.

It seems strange at the first glance. I barely received files through hard copies. Kadalasan kasi ay sa email ko nakukuha ang mga files na kailangan ko. And it's unusual to receive a file without the sender's name. It feels odd. I immediately grabbed a cutter inside my drawer and opened the envelope.

Inilabas ko ang laman nitong papel. Halos manlaki ang mga mata ko sa nakita ko. It's a picture of a library with huge bookshelves with thousands of books on it. And then I saw a piece of paper where I can read an italic hand written letter. 

I stood up and fixed my things, my team needs to know about this.

[Pentagon]

I must first be found before the beginning of misery.

I'm an heir, second on the throne and last in line when you killed the man before me.

You think I might be next and in the first of a row to taste the agony.

But swear! Surrender! Cause I won't let you succeed upto the end of me.

It was the letter sent to me a while ago,it was flashed on the white wall together with the photo for everyone to see. I was with the team at the power room.

"Any idea about this?" I asked the whole team who's currently analysing the situation.

"Was it Khaled Tagean?" Sebastian doubtfully stated.

"That's also my hunch. It was anonymously sent to our team leader's office, who else would dare do it right?" Demeter said as if clarifying Sebastian's doubt.

I gave gazes on my people to simply make an observation. Sebastian looked convinced, Demeter looked confident with her assumptions. Adelaide's still staring at the letter on the wall, Allen looks confused while Troy on the other hand has no emotions at all.