13

Scarletts POV:

there was a look of resignation in her eyes, her head resting against the wall and a tear dropping slowly down her right cheek. the worry in my eyes transformed to pity and sadness and my heart grew heavy. seeing her like this i knew they were in pain and couldnt get up. 

Gently, i placed my arm in the gap between the wall and her back, and another arm under her knees and scooped her up. I lifted her up like a child and walked slowly back to the house, to my surprise she warmed into my hold, nuzzling her face into my neck.

When we got back to the house i gently laid her back into the guest room bed and tucked her in.

"I'm gonna go get a cold compress for your ankle"(A/N: cold compress is what i call an ice pack btw)

she didn't reply and instead rolled over so that she wasn't facing me, the same solemn look of defeat on her face. 

it was then that it clicked. 'she thinks i was planning to send her back there'. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/Ns POV:

i rolled over on the bed so that i wasn't facing her, she couldn't see the tears streaming down my face that would only solidify the weakness she's seen in me. I have to look strong, unbreakable. well, that image might already be destroyed, but if that's gone i at least have to seem- detached.

a moment later i heard her foot steps get closer, i quickly dried my tears and slid myself up on the bed, praying my eyes weren't red and puffy. 

she placed the compress on my ankle. "your going to need to hold that there for a while" she said. 

"is there anything you need?" she said gently with worry in her voice. the sadness in my eyes turned to anger 'how dare she pretend to care about me?' i felt like a hostage with no escape, waiting for them to turn up and take me away again.

A/N: yeah, yeah this is short again (sorry). I mean at least its out. ill try and update again asap. have a great day you guys!!