15

(A/N); hey guys sorry its been so long i was at film school for two weeks and binging greys anatomy so- yeah but I'm back now.

Scarlett Johansson's POV: 

"I'll be there in 15"

---------------------------

me and y/n didn't talk much for the next hour, i brought her food and water but any questions i asked ended in a polite answer and smile, or even just a nod. It was so painful that  i ended up counting the minutes till lizzie arrived and when i heard the door ring i smiled and breathed a sigh of relief. 

"hey lizzie"

"hey" she said with that signature comforting smile of hers. "so, what's the deal with this kid, what do we know?"  we sat down on the couch and i slumped back holding the bridge of my nose like i always do when I'm stressed.

"umm, so she's been bounced around foster homes, she's definitely been abused in at least one of them and probably in her most recent one, if not she's badly bullied which she is anyway, more recently i found her getting beaten up by 3 guys, she held her own but now she's in bed with a twisted ankle terrified I'm gonna call someone and get her sent back there and now she's completely shut off because of something i said"

"oh god, that must be so confusing for a little kid" she said while resting her head back against the sofa with mine.

after a few minutes of no one speaking she stood up to go meet her

"wait, i forgot to mention, she likes marvel so don't de surprised if she's exited when she sees you" at that lizzie just smiled and walked down the hall until she saw the room Y/N was in.

-----------------------

Y/N's POV

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6 , 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" i matched my breaths to the numbers as i counted. What Scarlett had said was still ringing in my head "do you want me to send you back" i new what that meant, i had heard it before, it meant i was on my best behaviour, walls up and if i did everything right i might just buy myself a few more months (days in this case) under her care. so i had been doing everything right, staying out of her way not asking for much. i would help out but every time I've tried to get out of this bed I've had to stop my self from screaming and or falling over.

After a while i heard a door bell ring and Scarlett and someone talking in the living room, i couldnt hear anything but given the circumstances I'm pretty sure its about me. i heard footsteps down the hall, as they neared my room i was only hoping to see a face that wasn't a cop or a social worker or an uptight lawyer in a suit.

"holy shit" i said as she walked into the room.