Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Harry ( :o )

________________________

Fuck, Luke.

+

I pick my pen back up after an hour of practising, and resume writing.

I will make it up to Louis.

You see, I'm not the type of guy who falls for someone else and can instantaneously forget them at the sight of my boyfriend. I love Louis, and I know Luke loves someone else.

Maybe one day we will meet again, and greet each other as old friends rather than a one way love train. I guess maybe his boyfriend has left, but I don't know--I only knew him for that one magically stressful evening.

I do not love him.

I mean, how do you even--how can I--I just--I knew him for such a small amount of time, a fraction of my entire lifetime. His golden hair, his ocean blue--no.

I can't think like that! It's okay, though, because once I finish this I will know for sure that my feelings for Luke were just meagre attractions based on appearance because damn. Boy got an ass sculpted by the gods.

A knock at the door interrupts my thoughts, so I drop my pen and stride over to see who the fuck wants to mess with me.

"Zayn!" I exclaim, engulfing him in a warm embrace, "Mate, I haven't seen you for ages!"

He smiles with a strong mixture of adorableness and pride, "I'm just in town so obviously I would want to check on my best mate!"

I let him in, closing the door of my cosy apartment as he takes a seat.

Zayn, to answer your question, is my best friend. He has always been there for me and were not the type of mates who go out and play soccer together and cat-call women (or men, in my case), no, we're so much closer than that.

You see, when I first identified as gay--though I was reluctant to label myself-- everyone abandoned me and I was told to go back in the closet by my head of year as I attended a private, all-boys school. Zayn, however, stuck by me, not caring about my sexuality because he knew I wasn't attracted to him. Guaranteed, he is extremely attractive, but I myself go for another type.

The no-homo rule doesn't apply to us because I'm gay and he fucking acts gay half of the time (I take it upon myself as an influence of my presence) so we cuddle all we want and I've kissed him, but as dares obviously.

"So, what's up, you dirty little cunt?" I ask as I sit next to him on the sofa.

He smirks, "Well, you vile little bastard, I have applied for a job a few blocks down and may or may not be moving hERE!" His voice runs high pitched at the end, like that of an excited female, and I tackle him in a bear hug.