08 | REBEL

rebel /ˈrebəl/
v.
the act of rising in opposition or armed resistance to an established government or ruler.

༶•┈┈<3┈♛♛┈<3┈♛♛┈<3┈┈•༶

We walked into a dark room in the back of what looked like a casino. I wasn't exactly sure what it was and why it was in the middle of a fancy venue but I guess these men had their priorities. The same priorities my father put over us, the reason why we were broke in the first place. But to my surprise, I didn't feel any emotion towards the subject. I think I was just so numb from everything that had happened, I didn't have the energy to feel it.  Normally when I was around gambling, I'd be thrown into a whirlpool of flashbacks. Ones that I really dreaded to remember.

Once we made it into the room, the door was shut by a man who stood in the corner of the room. They really paid someone to shut a door for them. I mean shit, I would take the job too. But I'm not sure if I'd want to be a part of anything going on in this house. Just the way it smelt in here and the heavy vibes that roamed; I think I'd actually pass on the offer.

"Maybe you should go take a seat outside?" The man said to me, then looked at Rosario for conformation. Immediately, I began to feel nervous and my hand gripped the material of his suit harder. I already didn't want to be here, but being alone out there with the hungry eyes of egotistical men that think they can have whatever they want was a different story. And in that moment I realized how much trust I put in Rosario, how much I let myself feel comfortable and safe around him in a dangerously short span of time. In the situation I was in, I was okay with it, for now. But the second he took me back to his house instead of my own would show me that I still couldn't trust him- that I shouldn't trust him. Until then, though, I would allow myself to hide under his protection.

"She doesn't have to wait out there. Let's just get this process over with," Rosario said with unamusement. I loosened my grip then.

"You really have been great, haven't you." He splayed a wide, teethy grin as his eyes assessed both me and Rosario.

"I wish I could say I have. This was actually my brother's closest friend. I promised her an entertaining evening." I looked him out of the corner of my eye, wondering what he was playing at and why he lied.

"That is a very easy promise to fulfil," the man responded slyly.

My main question was what does was mean? I decided to not play investigator but try and prove our case. I held my hand out, doing my best to mask the fear that I knew was apparent. But I just had to let it go. I had to accept that this is where I was in my life right now, and if I wanted to be anywhere else in the future, I needed to play the part to survive this hell. A small smile made its way onto my face, my tone smooth as I said, "Evelina."