3 - Heart Wants What it Wants

{Tasashi Hamada x Reader} - "The Heart Wants What It Wants - Motown Style Selena Gomez ft. Lara Johnston"
I am in such a good mood right now even though it's 1:30 in the morning! I have been listening to this song on repeat and it gave me the idea to type this fic out. I wasn't sure who to make it be but I ended up using Tadashi again. I'll make Wasabi and Fred ones soon as well, I promise! But for now, Enjoy!
——

It was a lovely day in San Fransokyo; the sun was shining, your music playlist was on point, and you felt like you were on top of the world! You walked into the Engineering building with a slight skip in your step and a smile on your face. Your headphones blasted your favourite upbeat song of the moment and you entered your lab humming. People noticed your happy attitude and they chuckled knowing you were always one to brighten up the room.

Tadashi watched from afar and chuckled as you skipped into your lab, closing yourself off from all negativity. He admired your happy attitude and big smile. Sometimes he wished he was as cheerful as you were. Tadashi set down his tools and slowly made his way to the doors of your lab.

You were plugging your phone into the speakers you brought with you and blasted your music as you set off to work and all the while Tadashi was watching. He quietly stepped into your lab, slowly closing the door behind him. You were now concentrated in what you were working on but stopped when your favourite song came on. You began to tap your foot to the rhythm and before you knew it you were dancing to the music. 

" This is a Modern Fairy tale  
No happy endings, "
You began to sing, closing your eyes.

" No wind in our sails
But I can't imagine a life without
 "
You hugged yourself dramatically facing the window.

" Breathless moments
Breaking me down, down, down, down " 
Finally you threw your arms apart turning back to the doors only to see Tadashi staring back at you. You blush and laugh before you ran up to him and pulled him into your dance. He doesn't object which made you even more happier.

" The bed's getting cold and you're not here "

You sang and he twirled you in, 
"The future that we hold is so unclear! "
Then he twirled you back out.

" But I'm not alive until you call
And I'll bet the odds against it all "
You let go of him and twirled around meeting his eyes every once in a while.

" Save your advice 'cause I won't hear
You might be right but I don't care. "
You smiled and shook your finger at him, slowly backing away. His face held a wide smile and his foot tapped along with the rhythm.

"There's a million reasons why I should give you up
But the heart wants what it wants
The heart wants what it wants! "
You concluded by throwing your hands up in the air, trying to catch your breath.

Tadashi laughed and clapped his hands before approaching you. "That was awesome! Where did you get that much energy so early in the day?" You laughed and shook your head as you took a couple deep breaths.

" I just told myself that today was going to be a good day and so far it's worked!" You laughed, fixing your outfit. "Thank you by the way."

"Thank me? For what?" He asked.

"For joining in and just having fun!" You smiled. Your cheeks held a soft blush and your hair a bit tousled. Tadashi couldn't help but reach forward and graze his fingers over your (skin tone) complexion.

"You know I'll always join in on your crazy moments. They make my day!" He leaned in and kissed your cheek before walking towards the exit. "Oh by the way, If you're not busy, want to go grab some lunch later? My treat."

You nodded a bit too eagerly, "Yes! Of course! Around noon?"

He nodded before waving goodbye and walking out the door, leaving you starstruck in the middle of the room. 

——
I hope that was alright! I accept requests :D