𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

You got into some pretty comfy PJs and met Tom in the kitchen. Ready to make a Christmas feast for two with what you had. You did grab some things yesterday from the supermarket when Charles took you. So there were already some items to work off of. Which was a start.

Tom was working on a baked chicken and sides; while you did extra carb courses like pasta, bread, and as well as gravy.

The cooking began.

Tom brought out a chicken from the deep freezer and set it out to defrost as you both started on the other items.

You scanned the fridge for the ingredients you needed to make a mushroom and cream pasta. You had mostly all the things and made do without the little things that weren't available. However, there weren't many things missing. Tom had a heavy selection of ingredients and spices.

Tom played some festive music while the two of you danced around and sang along whilst cooking. The whole moment was wholesome and happy.

He would occasionally sneak up behind you as you chopped veggies while he waited for one of his sides to cook. It made you feel all warm and fuzzy.

He rested his head on your shoulder with his arms around your waist watching you chop up carrots and celery for the chicken.

You handed him the chopped veggies so he could line the pot with them before baking the chicken. He grabbed the bowl you handed him removing one of his hands from your waist and before he turned to the stove he placed a kiss on your cheek and slid his other hand off you.

You giggled and blushed, he was your dream man. I mean, truly perfect.

You began working on your pasta.

Starting up the boiling and sauce preparations you needed a taster. 

"Here Tom." You swiped your finger in the pot of sauce and brought it up to Tom. Who licked the sauce off your finger with a grin.

"Mm good. Wait- that's delicious actually." He realized. You chuckled. He enjoyed it so much he dipped his finger into the pot and grabbed another swipe of it.

"Really?" You laughed. 

"Mhm!" He chuckled.

"That's good. It's my nana's recipe. She used to make this one a lot when we were kids." You looked down at the pot stirring the sauce slowly. Tom noticed your expression changes. "I'm glad I could do at least this right." You said quieter.

"Hey hey." He lifted your face up to look at his lifting you up from your chin. "What's up?" His hand stroked the side of your face.

You looked up at him, "it's just-" you stopped, trying to gather an answer.

"You can tell me, love. I'll listen." He reassured you by moving some hair out of your face. You smiled sympathetically at his kindness.

"This is just my first Christmas away from my family. And even though they weren't the fairest people, they are my family." He nodded to show he was really listening.

"I mean as a kid my mom would constantly put up unachievable goals for me and my siblings. And even though it was hard for all of us. It was especially hard for me being the oldest. Because she would occasionally let the younger ones slide for mistakes."

You turned back to the pot of sauce while talking. "But never for me. I was either constantly a failure. Or never trying hard enough for her to even want to be proud of me."

"I mean no matter what honours classes I passed, or extracurricular achievements I made. It was never enough for my mom to see me as anything more." You could feel him stiffen slightly. Then you came back to your senses and faced him.