Chapter 5

🧡Pico's POV🧡

 It's been a couple of minutes and I'm getting worried. Keith's ex girlfriend just calls him out of the blue. Right now, I'm really debating on whether or not I should call him. Making up my mind, I grab my phone and find Keith's contact. I was about to hit the call button when my phone starts to ring. I immediately answer it and look at Keith's face. He looks like he's scared and on the verge of tearing up.

"Blueberry! Are you okay? What happened? What did she say?"

"Sh-She said that..."

"Keith?"

--a couple minutes earlier--

Keith: "Hello?"

Cherry: "Hi sweetie."

Keith: "I'm not your sweetie anymore. We broke up."

Cherry: "Whatever. Meet me at the café tomorrow morning at 10 AM."

Keith: "Why?"

Cherry: "I need to talk to you."

Keith: "What if I don't want to?"

Cherry: *chuckles darkly* "Oh sweet baby Keith. Did you forget I'm a demon? I could kill you if I wanted to. If you don't come tomorrow, I may or may not destroy your life. Starting with that little ginger friend of yours."

Keith: *angry tone* "You wouldn't DARE!" 

Cherry: "Oh I would. So I better see you there tomorrow..."

Call ended

--present time--

"T-That's what she s-said! She might k-kill you, P-Pico! KILL YOU!" Keith said, tears streaming down his face.

"Oh Blueberry. Don't worry. I'm gonna be fine. If I survived Cassandra's dumb ass, I'm pretty sure I could survive a lousy demon." I reassure.

"A-Are you s-sure?" Keith sniffles.

"I'm sure. Do you want me to come with you tomorrow?" I ask.

"Mhm..." he nods.

"Alright then. It's getting pretty late so I'll see you tomorrow."

"O-ok. Night Carrot." 

"Night Blueberry."

Call ended

💙Keith's/BF's POV💙

I turn off my lights and flop back down on my bed. I sigh as my mind starts drifting to Pico. I decide to just let it happen. I think about all the great times we had together but they all seem different now. Just because of the stupid crush I have on him. I wanna just tell him how I feel but I can't risk another heartbreak this time. Not now anyway. If I tell Pico how I feel, it'll most likely end up in me being broken and never letting myself love again. I'll also be emotionally unstable and ruin the relationship I have with him currently. So I'll just keep it to myself. I slowly drift off to sleep with the memories of Pico still flooding my mind.

⚠This paragraph contains death. Skip if not ok with that. Enough said.⚠

I wake up at 10:30 AM the next morning. "OH NO!" I yell. I change my clothes run outside. As I reach the café, I see Pico and Cherry out front. But they don't look happy. All of a sudden, Cherry turns into a demon, grabs Pico by the neck, and slams him into the concrete floor. "PICO!" I scream. Cherry looks over at me with a menacing smile on her face. She snaps her fingers, making a chair appear, and uses her powers to make me sit in said chair and tie me up with chains.