Chapter 14 - The Heist and The End

Word Count - 4200 Words (I wrote this in one day idk how)

(yes I know, very long and this is also the end to my series...aaaaa. Also besties, I poured my heart AND soul out in this one so please, for god's sake - COMMENT and reblog if you like. also this was meant to be like 1500 words but lol)

Gwyn almost shouted at what Eris said, "What!". Azriel's surprise could not be hidden. Even his eyes had widened for a second before he slipped back into his cool demeanor.

Would it be so bad? He started thinking and internally smirking at himself when he saw Gwyn's red cheeks. Gwyn then swatted him sharply on his arm. Azriel asked, suddenly surprised by her action and brought back to reality, "Ow, what was that for?" he muttered and rubbed his arm.

She replied, "Stop smirking" Even though her lips were twitching upward in a smile. Azriel didn't bother to hide the amusement in his eyes.

Gwyn then turned to Eris and hesitantly asked, "Why do we need to go as..........a couple?"

Her blush was so red, it almost matched the colour of her hair. She then started fidgeting with her fingers, nervous to hear the answer. Why the hell was she so nervous?

Eris replied, his anger barely on a leash, "Well, as much as I hate the idea, it's our only possible chance of getting in the palace. You see, marriage is like the 'holy matrimony' here. If you're married, your status is immediately higher. It's even better if you have a child but we don't need to go that far. I would take you myself but then you would actually have to marry me, as if any of my siblings saw you, they would definitely remember your face."

Gwyn then stopped fidgeting, "So the only choice we(she said, running her hands between the space between her and Azriel) have is to enter as a married couple?"

Eris took a long breath and said, "Yes". "Oh" was all Gwyn replied before she started staring at her fingers again. To lesser the tension in the air, Azriel said, "So what's the plan?"

Eris led them to an abandoned warehouse, saying that there were too many prying ears in the forest.

Eris then told them they'd enter as a couple, right through the palace gates. They would be led to the throne room and then he would make sure they got a room in the palace. As marriages were so rare in the autumn court due to the lack of eligible bachelors, everyone respected it, including the High Lord.

Each couple who was married got to stay at the palace. In the last year, only 2 couples had stayed at the palace. Azriel and Gwyn would pose as a wealthy couple, so that the princes don't get to suspicious. After the dinner on the first night, they would excuse themselves. Eris told them that the book was on the topmost floor, in.....Beron's room.

Gwyn huffed and said, "That oughta go well" and let Eris continue. He said he didn't know where the book was in Beron's room. Azriel didn't have a choice except to believe him and hope that he wasn't lying. Eris also told them that Beron was not in the court at the time and no one was allowed to enter his room.

"How do we get out?" Gwyn asked. Eris replied, "I know about some underground tunnels, I'll lead you through them, but you'll have to be blindfolded", "WHAT" Azriel almost shouted.

Eris smirked, "Calm down shadowsinger. I can't show you those tunnels. It would be too dangerous for me when I would become the High Lord". As soon as he finished those words Gwyn's eyes widened and she asked, "Are you gonna be the High Lord of the Autumn Court? Beron chose you already?"

Eris' eyes shadowed and Azriel could've sworn they flashed shamed. But he wasn't sure as that shame disappeared after a second. Before Eris could reply Azriel cut in and said, "Something like that".