Chapter 13 - Planning

When Gwyn turned around to see who it was, she started beeming with happiness. "ERIS", She almost shouted.

Azriel didn't care that Gwyn was watching. He stood up faster than lightening and went up to Eris and punched him in the face. The prince staggered back and smirked. He wiped the blood from his lips and didn't even bother punching Azriel back. He just went towards Gwyn and knelt at her side.

Azriel's POV : because I am so insecure I need to know what's happening in the male character's brain at all times.

What the hell was that. I could have ruined the night court's relations with the Autumn court. Why did I punch him? Well, he did give the book to Beron..... "Jealousy" his shadows whispered to him. Oh shut up, he told them. But he couldn't ignore the feeling that he felt when Eris went and knelt beside Gwyn.

Eris frowned slightly. Two faced bitch.

Gwyn suddenly decided to break the silence, hoping it would help, "Can you please tell me why we're here?" She asked Azriel. But Eris asked a question of his own, his voice sounding angry,"You haven't told her? Why would you follow him if he hadn't told you?"

"Well I didn't exactly have a choice" Gwyn said, suddenly embarrassed and started fidgeting with her fingers. Why is she so nervous?

"What" Eris asked, his anger now clearly visible in his voice. Azriel replied, "Talk to her like that again and you won't have a tongue". Eris calmed down and said, "Look who's talking. You didn't even tell her the reason you're here-"

Azriel cut him off and said, "The only reason I'm here is because your stupid ass gave Beron the book". "What?" Gwyn asked, completely puzzled. She frowned and said "I thought you were our ally".

"I am" He said and took Gwyn's hand in his own, the surprise was written on Gwyn's face, clear as day, but she didn't pull back. Azriel was going to kill someone today, nope, right now.

But Eris continued, "I am your ally, I needed some conformation that the Night Court would be my ally, I suggested taking the book as I didn't know how to use it anyway. But as I was carrying the book in my palace...... My father came."

He didn't need to continue after that, Gwyn already understood. "So does he know? About our relations?" She might have been talking about his relations with the night court but it still hurt. It sounded like Beron didn't approve their relationship.

Eris replied, "No, I was able to cover that up but he still has the book. He has told me where the book is kept but nothing else. I think Koschei still controls him."

Gwyn started speaking, "Then we just need to get the book back....... I can help you-" Azriel AND Eris cut her off, "ABSOLUTELY NOT" and then they looked at each other, hated each other, but this was one thing they both agreed on.

"I am already training to be a spy-", Eris cut her off again, "It is not safe for you-" It was Gwyn's turn to cut him off, "Do not interrupt me, I can take care of myself, I am training to be a spy and I can handle the pressure, I am a valkyrie and no one, no one will tell me what to do. I wish to accompany both of you on this mission and neither of you can deny my request. We shouldn't waste time and start planning"

Azriel and Eris were stunned by her words, but he was definitely not going to go on her bad side. "Where do we start" Eris said through gritted teeth, he hated this as much as Azriel but there was nothing they could do now.

Azriel said, "We can go through the back, I have some spies ther-", Eris interrupted him, "We can't go from the back or any side and as for your spies, they were found and are currently being controlled by Koschei, they have been feeding you wrong information since a week, this week they were going to tell you that Koschei has been killed, so that he could get more time making his army."

I want to strangle him.

Azriel replied, anger laced in his voice, "When were you gonna tell me?". Eris smirked and replied, "Never actually, I wanted to see how much time it took for the so famous shadowsinger to figure out the riddle. Looks like you would have failed spectacularly."

"Fuck you" Azriel said outloud and Gwyn was startled a bit. He suddenly noticed her and gave her apologetic glances.

Gwyn said, "As much as this entertains me, we need to find a way to enter the palace"

"There is one way" Eris said and Azriel shot him a look, already knowing where this was going.

Eris continued, "You both can enter in plain sight, but.... you'll have to enter as" He almost choked on the words, "A married couple"