Chapter Sixteen - Ward Camerons Good Side

RAFE IS NOT A BAD GUY IN THIS ONE PLS DONT LET IT COME ACROSS THAT WAY

enjoy 2.2K of my bullshit.

Rafe Cameron always knew that his father was a scumbag. He was the reason Rafe had started on his drug journey in the first place. The fact that he had found El had pretty much saved his life.

Ward had always treated Rafe as his little prodigy. Had tried to teach him to take over the family business. Even while he was doing all of this, Sarah was always Wards favourite.

When Rafe had fallen in love with a Pogue, Eleanor Maybank, of all people, Ward had almost lost it. The history he had with her father was brief and nasty, and he never wanted any of his children involved with that family. It was bad enough, Sarah being friends with them, but Rafe was taking it too far.

It was time to reel him back in.

***

El looked out of the window to see her boyfriend pacing, his phone against his ear. At first she frowned, but then she panicked.

She ran out of the pogue meeting, burst out into the front yard and ripped Rafes phone away from his ear. One look at the caller ID, and she swung at him, all while Ward was desperate to regain his sons attention from the other end of the phone.

Pressing his finger to his lips, Rafe held the phone up, too high for El to reach. "What the hell is going on?" She hissed.

Rafe wrapped his arm around her and pulled her into his chest so that she could hear whatever Ward was saying. "Dad, I swear nobody else is with me. What is it?" He pressed, his grip on El tightening.

"You bring me everything they have on the treasure and I'll give you a job," Ward said with a sigh. El held back her gasp and tipped her head to the side. Both El and Rafe knew what that meant, to give him a job. Ward was signing over his company, his moneymaker. Rafe tightened his grip on El. "I've been screwed out of this treasure once before, I won't let it happen again."

Rafe swallowed past the lump in his throat. "What about the Pogues?"

"They'll get what's coming to them." All Ward needed now was a white cat and an evil laugh and he was set. "Try and keep them at the Maybank house for a few more minutes, I've got a little surprise lined up. And, don't worry, I'll leave that little Pogue of yours out of this."

Rafe pressed the button on his phone, putting it down. He pressed a kiss to the top of Els head and closed his eyes, just holding her there, against him. "Please," she squeaked. "Tell me what's going on."

Sucking in a deep breath, Rafe let go of El. "Somehow, my dad knows everything. I don't know how, but he knows every detail of what happened and he wants the treasure."

"But we don't have it."

"I know."

He reached for her hand, but El took a step back. "Your dad knows too, right? He knows we don't have the treasure and he's going to leave us alone, right?" Her eyes were wide in fear.

"El, please. I've got a plan."

"Please don't tell me that plan is to hand everything over to your dad."

Rafe bit his lip.

"Son of a bitch!" She took large steps to get back to him. "You Son of a bitch, Rafe Cameron! I trusted you, I vouched for you in there and you go and pull this?" Her fists collides with his chest, but her punches were light, like she didn't want to hurt him. "I loved you, Rafe! I actually fucking loved you and this is what I get? Were you using me the whole time? Were you using me for your dad?"