Kabanata 4

Kabanata 4

Have you every met someone that made you forget anyone else? That even if you think someone could be better, you're still immensely tied with invisible strings to a particular person. No one can compare and comparisons are not even heeded when it comes to him. That's how CL was for me. His gentleman demure and the way he made me feel safe everytime that I'm with him speaks a lot.

I sighed dreamily as I took one last glance at my midnight blue cascading pleated dress. I opened my jewelry box and picked my pearl earrings when someone knocked at the door. Agad naman nitong niluwa si Dayanara na mukhang bihis na rin. I smirked subtly, wealth can indeed hide someone's true nature.

"Solstice, we'll be attending a masquarade party later. Please be at your best behavior." bilin sa akin ni Dayanara habang papalapit.

She gave me a box containing a set of jelwelry given by the host of the party. The crest of the Esmael family was engraved on the glass box that Dayanara left on my table.

Elite class. It made me roll my eyes after removing my pearl earrings. The invitation was a set of jewelry as if they're showing their power over us. It was even the rare stones, hindi basta-basta. A family of jewelers. Nagngitngit ako dahil may naalala ako'ng mula sa kanilang pamilya.

And when I thought I could have a peaceful night, I remember that socializing with the rich class is exhausting to the core. I can't help but sighed. At least, I would encounter Etienne and CL in the party. Lalo na si Etienne, matagal na nang huli kaming nagusap. There was a rift between us, ayoko naman na tumagal pa ito. I value Etienne because he's my closest ally. I couldn't afford to lose him too.

I put on the jewelry and slowly composed myself before finally showing outside the gate. Naghihintay ang limo na para sa aming dalawa ni Dayanara. Mareena couldn't attend yet since she's still young, the girl was a sweetheart. Siya 'yata ang pinakamabait na Reverio na nakilala ko. Kuya Adren or Adren doesn't like me, even for a bit. Subalit hindi naman n'ya ako minamaltrato. He's civil, most of the time.

We finally travelled to the grand hotel where the biggest diamond ring will be put on auction. Napakagat ako ng labi ko, I wonder how rich the Esmaels could be if they could afford to invite even the most prestige families into one event? It makes me wonder and extremely uncomfortable knowing that they're powerful enough to gather the cream of the crop.

We entered a venue where we had to show a piece of jewelry for us to enter. Hindi imbitasyon o simpling papel ang ipapakita. That's how expensive show their power through their wealth.

May mga maskara na nakalagay sa mga glass container. We just had to pick what mask would suit us most. Pinili ko ang isang itim na maskara dahil bagay ito sa kulay ng damit ko. And I actually like black a lot. I clip the mask and plastered it on my face. I positioned it neatly so I could see them even with a mask on.

Nakita ko na pinatong ni Dayanara ang kamay n'ya sa kamay ni Alfos habang pinapakilala siya nito sa kan'yang mga kaibigan, it was the Alonzos. I almost barfed because it was almost a normal thing to do, alam naman ng lahat na hindi si Dayanara ang unang asawa ni Alfos. Yet, they don't mind as long as their connections are intact.

"Solstice."

I veered my eyesight towards the voice who called me. Napawi ngisi sa aking labi. It was no other than Kaiaria Rienia Alonzo. Agad akong napaigtad dahil sa biglaang paglapit n'ya sa akin. In one swift move, she was able to reach me. Gano'n kabilis ang kan'yang hakbang.

"How are you?" she smiled which made me feel uneasy. Mabait naman siya pero noong huling nakausap ko siya ay sinabi n'yang kababata n'ya si Solstice. I told her that I had amnesia before, in fear that she might caught me lying. Medyo nahiya na ako ngayon dahil halatang nagsisinungaling ako no'n.