13

We walked outside, curious about what's happening. We saw two men and a woman walking towards us and stopped in front of Gregory.

"Nathan, what happened to everyone else? Where's Tim and Marsha?" Gregory asked.

"They're dead." Nathan said.

"Negan?" Gregory asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"We made a deal." Gregory said, putting his hands on his hips.

"He said it wasn't enough. Was the drop light?" The other man said said.

"No." Gregory said.

"They still have Craig." The woman said.

"They said they'd keep him alive return him to us if we deliver you a message." Nathan said.

"So, tell me." Gregory said. Nathan got closer to him and put his hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." Nathan said, before stabbing Gregory in the stomach. Rick tackled him to the ground and Nathan started shouting. The other man pulled Rick off of him and Abraham pulled him off.

"Get off of me! I had to!" Nathan shouted. The other man was choking Abraham but Daryl went over and pulled him off by twisting his arm. Nathan was now on top of Rick and Glenn ran over.

"Hey!" Glenn shouted.

"Stay back!" Nathan shouted back. "Anyone tries to stop me is killing my brother!" He shouted. Rick stabbed Nathan in the neck and blood fell onto his face.

Rick pushed Nathan's body off of him and stood up then looked around at everyone.

"What?" Rick asked.

"Nathan! You killed him!" The man wearing a burgundy colored shirt shouted.

"He tried to kill Gregory and he tried to kill me." Rick said, before the woman punched him in the face which made him fall. I went up and slammed her onto the ground.

"Don't do that again." I said, looking at her. Rick pulled his Python out and aimed it.

"Drop it now!" Kal shouted, coming over with his spear facing us.

"I don't think I will." Rick said.

"This is over!" Jesus shouted, running between Rick and Kal. "Nathen was our friend but lets not pretend he was nothing but a coward who attacked us. He did this. And these people stopped him." He said.

"What can I do?" Rick asked.

"Put the gun away. You've done enough." Jesus replied. Everyone put their guns away and I got off of the woman and she ran Nathan's body. "You need to know that things aren't as simple as they may seem. Just give me some time." He said, walking away.

Abraham was still laying on his back on the ground and Daryl walked over, helping him back up. I went to Gregory and saw Harlen there.

"Is there anything I can help you with? I was a doctor before all of this." I said.

"Yeah. Let's get him to the trailer." Harlen said. Harlen and Jesus both helped Gregory to the medical trailer and we did what we had to to fix him up.

Me and Jesus walked to Gregory's office and saw the others already there.

"Gregory is in pain but he'll live." Jesus told them. I walked next to Daryl and waited for someone to talk.

"So what happens now?" Michonne asked.

"Things like that don't usually happen here. But it's settled." Jesus said.

"We heard the name Negan." Rick said. "Awhile back, Daryl and Abraham had a run-in with some of his men. Who is he?" Rick said.

"He's the head of a group called the Saviors. As soon as the walls were built, they showed up. Met with Gregory on behalf of their boss. Made a lot of demands even more threats and they killed one of us. A sixteen year old boy named Rory. Beat him to death right in front of us. Told us we had to understand right off the bat." Jesus told us. "Gregory's not good on confrontation. Not the leader I would've chosen but he helped make this place the way it is and the people like him." He said.

"He made the deal." Maggie said.

"Half of everything. Our supplies, our crops, our livestock. It goes to the Saviors." Jesus said.

"What do you get in return?" Glenn asked.

"They don't attack this place. They don't kill us." Jesus answered.

"Why not just kill them?" Daryl asked.

"Most of the people here don't know how to fight. Even if we did have ammo." Jesus said.

"How many people does Negan have?" Rick asked.

"We don't know but we've seen groups as big as twenty." Jesus said.

"Hold up. So they show up kill a kid and you give them half everything?" Daryl asked. "These dicks just have a good story. Boogeyman, he ain't shit." He said.

"How do you know?" Jesus asked.

"About a month ago, we took his guys out pdg and left them in pieces and puddles." Abraham said.

"We'll do it. If we go we'll get your man back, kill Negan, take out his boys. Will you hook us up? We want food, medicine and one of those cows." Daryl said.

"Confrontations not something we had trouble with." Rick said.

"I'll take it to Gregory." Jesus said, walking out of the room. I walked outside and I heard someone following me. I turned and saw Daryl which made a smile appear on my face.

"This Negan guy sounds like an asshole." I said.

"Yeah he does." Daryl said. "But we'll kill him." He said.

"Yeah we will." I agreed.

I walked closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I went on my tiptoes and brought my face closer to his. I saw him look down at my lips. I placed my lips onto his and kissed him, with him returning the kiss. I felt him put his hands on my hips. We pulled away and I felt a blush make its way to my cheeks.