71

9 months later

"Daryl. The baby's kicking." I said.

He came over and put his hand on my belly, feeling the baby kick my stomach.

"They're kicking the hell out of me." I said.

"They are a Dixon after all." He said. "Dixon's don't like cramped places." He added.

He helped me stand up from the bed and I walked, more like wobbled, outside. We were in Hilltop and I saw Negan working outside. He turned his head and saw me then he smiled. I was about to walk down the steps when I had a contraction.

"Ah." I said, closing my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Are you okay Skylar?" Daryl asked, just when my water broke.

"Daryl. My water broke." I said.

"Let's get you to the doctor." He said.

"First, let me walk around for a little while since I have to get dilated." I said.

"Okay." He said, helping me down the steps.

We were walking around Hilltop, trying to speed up the process. A few hours later, my contractions were five minutes apart.

"Ahh!" I screamed out in pain.

Daryl helped me to the infirmary and we went inside.

"Doc, Skylar is in labor." Daryl told the doctor.

"How far apart is your contractions?" She asked.

"Five minutes." I said.

"Let's get her on the bed." She said.

Daryl walked me to the bed and helped me sit down after getting my pants and underwear off. He then held my hand so I can squeeze it.

"Okay when I say push, you push for ten seconds then breathe." She said. I nodded my head since I was in too much pain to speak. "Push!" She exclaimed.

I pushed as hard as I can while squeezing Daryls hand. That went on for about four hours. My face was covered in sweat and my hair was soaked in sweat.

"The head and shoulders are out! The rest of the baby should come out easier." She said.

I pushed one last time and the baby was out. She did what she had to do so the baby can cry a little. I then heard the baby cry.

"It's a boy." She said.

She wrapped him with a blanket and put him in my arms. Me and Daryl smiled at him.

"What are you two going to name him?" She asked.

"What do you think we should name him Daryl?" I asked.

"How about Hunter?" Daryl asked.

"I like it. Did you hear that little guy? Your daddy named you Hunter." I said, faintly smiling.

4 years later

"Skylar, there's someone out here you'd like to see." Daryl said.

"Okay. Come on Hunter lets go." I said, picking him up.

We were back in Alexandra after the repairs a few years ago. I walked outside and saw someone with their back facing me. I walked down the step and the person turned around. I widened my eyes and started tearing up, seeing who it was.

"Rick?" I said.

He smiled and walked over, hugging me and Hunter. I wrapped my free arm around him.

"Who's this mommy?" Hunter asked, looking at him.