|seven|

Rafe

Kissing her was like a dream come true.

She was beautiful and deep down i knew how utterly lucky i was to even get near her.

Not that i couldn't get anyone i wanted but she was different. The only girl who didn't instantly crawl to me. She had honour and i liked that about her.

I had no idea how but i felt like she was the only one who didn't fully judge me about the Peterkin thing. I knew she wanted to and i knew she was mad at herself for letting that pass so easily.

She was special.

That's why i knew it was a mistake the moment we separated.

She was still vulnerable due to her breakup and the girl had some serious abandonment and attachment issues.

I didn't want her to feel like she could fix me or there could be anything between us. And i couldn't put her through the realisation that i was incapable of fixing.

As bad as i wanted to deny it i grew to care about her more than i planned to.

Hell i didn't even plan to. She just came into my life and fucked me up big time.

I decided that in order for her to get her life back to normal i needed to stay away from her.

I couldn't let her close because i feared that what it would come with would be too much pain for her to bear.

Kaylee

After our make out sesh with Rafe i questioned a lot of things.

My morals for example.

John B was hiding from the cops while my tongue was in the mouth of the real murderer.

Real nice Kaylee keep the good work up.

How did i go from despising him and hating him for years to wanting to kiss him again.

I was mad at myself.

He came into my life and made it so much harder. But in a way i didn't mind.

•••

When i got to school i felt nervous.

Nervous to see Jake after the breakup and nervous to see Rafe.

I wondered what he would act like.

I spotted him at his usual spot with Topper and Kelce outside.

I looked at him but when his eyes met mine he instantly looked away.

That was strange but i didn't attribute much attention to it. He would come to his senses right?

My lessons were over so me and the pouges headed towards the beach to go surfing.

"How was your afternoon yesterday Kay?" JJ asked.

My suspicious and overthinking nature caused me to assume they knew what happened. But i knew that wasn't possible so i shrugged it off.