|eleven|

"Rafe." i sighed and walked over to him.

"Hey princess. What are you doing here?" he asked.

"What are you doing here?"

"I live here." he laughed.

I let out a giggle "True. I meant down here."

"Watching TV." he motioned towards the TV that basically spread across the entire wall. "And maybe i was hoping that you would come down here."

I rolled my eyes while i sat down besides him and looked at the screen. "I'm happy you didn't ignore me today." i smiled.

He looked down at me and gave me a half smile while he sighed "I didn't ignore you because i wanted to play you. I wanted to protect you."

I raised an eyebrow "From what?"

"From me."

My heart sank. So that's why. I didn't say anything causing him to continue.

"I don't want you to get hurt. To get too close and notice how messed up i am."

"You're not messed up." i started but i was cut off.

"See that's what i'm talking about. You think that but it's not true and i know you won't stop so the best solution was to ignore you and pray that you'd let it go but it turns out you're too stubborn and i'm too jealous and selfish." he said.

"What makes you think that you're messed up?" i asked.

"You won't understand."

"So help me understand. Tell me what happened. Why did you do what you did?" i urged him.

So he did. He told me how he did it all to save his father. To make his dad see that he's worth something. And i fit the pieces together.

It wasn't his fault. It was his father's all along. And i felt bad because everyone misunderstood him.

"I understand." i told him and grabbed his hand. "It's not your fault."

"Don't say that." he sighed.

"It's true Rafe."i tried to look him in the eyes but he tried to avoid it. I grabbed his face and turned it towards me. This shocked him a little but i achieved my goal because his eyes met mine.

"I don't care how stubborn i am. I am not letting you think that you can push me away. I'm with you okay?"

He just stared at me.

"Okay?!" i asked again.

He quickly nodded before leaning in and kissing me.

The kiss wasn't like our other ones. It was soft and gentle. He caressed my cheeks and i felt that he was happy. Happy that someone understood him.

And i was happy that he understood that i wouldn't leave him.

After a while we pulled away but his hand stayed on my face. His thumb drew circles and he pulled me closer with his other hand. I snuggled into his chest.

"I should get back to Sarah." i said after minutes.

He groaned in disagreement "Stay. She'll be hungover we'll wake up before."

I decided that he was right so i shrugged. "Okay." and i relaxed myself as he wrapped his arms around me holding me tight.

I fell asleep quickly only to be awaken in the morning by a gasp.

"What the hell?"

I opened my eyes and i saw Sarah standing in front of us.

Rafe opened his eyes too and looked nervously at us.

"Care to explain this?" she said crossing her arms.

I stood up and felt cold due to the lack of Rafe's body.

"This isn't what it looks like." i tried explaining.

"Really? Cause it doesn't seem like you randomly chose to cuddle with your friend's murderer."

I felt Rafe tense next to me. "He's your brother." i defended him.

"And John B is your friend Kaylee." she exclaimed. "You know what? Get out."

Shock took over my expressions. "Please Sarah let me explain."

She walked away so i ran after her. We were standing in the hall.

"I've seen enough i don't need you explaining. How long has this been going on?" she asked.

"Nothings going on okay?" i defended us. "I was thirsty at night and i saw him sitting here. I wanted to ask him about the murder. I was tired okay? I fell asleep."

She eyed me carefully before sighing . "Promise you're not lying?"

I tried not to look too bitter when i nodded "Promise."

"Fine." she said. "But if anything is going on"

"There isn-"

"If anything is going on" she repeated "I need to know okay?"

I nodded.

"Come on let's go to school." she smiled and grabbed my wrist. She pulled me towards her room to get ready.

Soon we walked out of the house to get to the car but on the way my eyes landed on Rafe. He looked at me with a defeated expression . My heart dropped as i saw him like that. What made him so upset?

~~~