Fourteen: Sure I Can, I'm Sky!

Hey, Rulers! Sorry for the wait! I probably would've put this off even more, but I'm going to some camp next week and I won't be able to post at all. D: Anyways, here's chapter 14. I hope you enjoy it. It's really just a filler, sorting out Sky's condition and how the traitors are treated. Yeah. Just, just read it.

Remind Me

Chapter 14

Sky's POV

When I wake up, I'm still in a lot of pain, and I have a feeling it's not going to go away any time soon. I grit my teeth and sit up. It's night time. The stars are beautiful. They're amazing.

Keep thinking about stars, Sky.

The stars. Oh. I wonder how the Stars, the Dead Army, and all the Doods have been treated? I should go look for Ty, Jason, Mitch, and Seto. I swear, if anyone went against my orders and killed one of them, they're in bigtrouble.

I slowly stand up. My body protests against each movement, but I don't stop. I have to get past this. I bite my lip to keep from screaming as I walk towards a small room across the hall from the open-roofed room that I woke up in. I hear quiet talking from the room and slowly open the door.

The four traitors are locked in for separate cells. Jason is whimpering slightly, and Seto is trying to cast some spell on him through the bars. It's not working, though. "I'm sorry, Jason. I have to be able to touch you to heal you properly," Seto apologizes quietly.

I step into view. "Why does he n-need healing?" I ask, still fighting down the urge to shriek in pain.

Ty, Mitch, and Seto look down. Jason is huddled in the corner of his cell. They don't answer. They look scared.

I sigh and step over to Jason's cell. "Where are the k-keys?" Shaking slightly, Jason points behind me to a small key rack. I pull the key off the rack and unlock Jason's cell door. Then I slip inside the cell and crouch by Jason, gritting my teeth to keep from crying out in pain. "Who d-did this to you?"

"One of the Recruits," he says softly.

I growl, causing my throat to burn even more. "What do they not g-get about the w-words 'Do not hurt them'?" I pick Jason up bridal style and yelp from the pain.

"Are you OK?" Seto asks.

"Yeah, j-just trying to keep f-from collapsing on the f-f-floor and screaming my h-head off," I reply. I carry Jason over to Seto's cell and set him down gently on the floor. "Fix him, Seto," I command. Seto comes up to the cell bars and touches his hand to Jason's side, which has a large gash in it. I step back quickly. I don't want to be anywhere near Seto's magic hand. I walk over to the key rack and tug off the other three keys. "So, w-why are you guys in a j-jail cell?" I ask as I unlock Ty's cell.

"We're traitors," Mitch mumbles. "They weren't just going to allow us to freely roam the camp."

"You're our f-friends, you shouldn't be in cages."

"Sky!" Ty shouts suddenly. "What is wrong with you? We betrayed you! We caused you all that pain! We can't be trusted!" He look like he's close to crying.

"Of course you c-can be trusted! Anyways, I'm s-sure you had a g-good r-reason for bet-traying us."

Ty runs out of his cell and attacks me with a hug. I yelp in pain and shove him away. He looks down guiltily. "I'm sorry."

"Nah, I'm s-sorry. It j-just really h-hurts, so I'd prefer you not squeeze me so t-tightly."

He hugs me again, more gently this time. "Thank you, Sky," he whispers.