Chapter Two

Alexis groaned, sitting up. Her alarm had woken her, 12:07 pm, as her mother and brother were already downstairs. She stood up and got out of bed. Her father would be at the pub at this time already so she wasn't scared. She grabbed her bright orange paddle brush off of her end table and lightly brushed her hair. She vigorously raked through the clothes in her wardrobe to find something to wear.

        A few minutes or so later she was downstairs with her mother and brother, eating a bacon sandwich.

"When's the train?" She asked, mouthful of bread and the fried pork. She swallowed and took a sip of water.

"Tomorrow." Her brother said, causing Alexis to make a spit-take.

"Already?"

"Well it is the 31st of August." Her brother rolled his eyes.

"Oh my god. Yay!" Alexis smiled, wolfing down the rest of her sandwich and rushing up the stairs, mainly to make sure she had everything packed into her trunk.

"Going to Lily's!" She called, a backpack slung over her shoulder as she ran out of the door and the few blocks to her best-friend's house. Out of breath, she finally reached the door. Slowly bringing a hand to the door she firmly, but softly, knocked on it. The door was opened by a short ginger haired girl.

"LILY!" Alexis smiled, wrapping her arms around her best friend. "Can I stay tonight?" She asked before Lily could reply.

"Yeah. Just let me ask my parents." Lily said, walking into the house and to the living room. "Mum, Dad?"

"Yes Lily?" They replied in unison.

"Can Alexis stay tonight?" Lily smiled widely, putting on her best puppy dog eyes.

"Yes Dear." Her father said, rolling his eyes.

"YAAAY!" Came the distant-ish yell of Alexis who had entered through the front door. She gently took off her worn-out trainers and placed them carefully by the door. She stepped into the Living Room and sat down onto the sofa. She rummaged through her backpack to find her favourite book of fairytales.

"My mum knows I'm here." She told them, flipping through the first pages to find her all time favourite fairytale.

        A few hours later Mrs. Evans made her way into the kitchen to make her two daughters and Alexis their tea. Alexis walked into the kitchen a few minutes later and looked at Mrs. Evans.

"You okay?" She asked politely, "Want any help?"

"Thank you dear." Mrs. Evans answered, taking up on the offer.

        After they had finished Alexis helped Mrs. Evans prepare the table and set out the cutlery and the plates. As they finished Lily came into the room, shortly followed by Petunia. Alexis put the food onto their plates and gave herself some. She waited for everybody to finish getting their stuff before eating.

        With a full stomach, Alexis took her bag and book upstairs tiredly and walked to Lily's room. She flopped onto the spare bed Lily had in her room before deciding to get changed into her pyjamas. After getting under the covers Alexis shut her eyes and slowly fell into a dreamless sleep.