ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

"SPRINGER!" Mr.Lee yelled at Connie to stop drawing inappropriate things on the white board. "Sorry Mr.Lee I'll sit down" he walked over to the seat in front of you. "Ugh connie please leave me alone" you spoke with a groan.

 He smirked at you as he sat in the seat and turned around to face you. "You still wanna get some food after school? I don't work til 5." you and Connie have been neighbors since forever. He even got you a job at his family's supermarket. You thought about it for a while."Yea but I pick this time. We ain't eating at no place that got rats and roaches again."

 You made brief eye contact, damn he fine as hell, you thought. You and Connie playfully flirt all the time. Even though half of the time you both are serious and you know it. But you guys are too afraid to mess up the friendship you have.

TIME SKIP

You and Connie waited at the counter for your sub. He tapped your shoulder "Hey, you know one day we won't have to split a foot long. We'll be eating the most expensive steak that money can buy. Then we gon take small sips of thousand dollar wine like the rich white people." you laughed "And who exactly will be paying for that?" He grabbed your hand and turned you towards him "Me. As soon as my career takes off you can have anything you want. I promise." At that moment you wanted marry him. But you laughed it off "Yeah okay big shot."

TIME SKIP

You and Connie walked into your house, greeted by the smell of your moms cooking. "Hey ma" you and Connie said at the same time. Your mom is like his second mom and vice versa. "Connie! My baby! Are you staying for dinner?" she pulled him into her arms. "I wish I could but I have work in like an hour." your mom frowned. 

"Well I'll make sure to drop a plate at your house later okay." he nodded and followed you to your room. He stood in the doorway as you picked out clothes for your shower. He snuck behind you as you opened your panty drawer.

 "Ew are those granny panties?" he chuckled. "Boy if you don't get the hell out my room!" you shoved him. "Alright. I gotta get to work though. Leave your window unlocked tonight." you looked at him confused. "Why would I leave my window unlocked this ain't a scary movie." he bit his lip "Don't worry about, I'll see you tonight." he said as he walked out of your room.

TIME SKIP

As you laid down in bed you thought about what Connie had told you earlier. Why in the hell would I leave my window unlocked? You got up to make sure your window was locked and got back into bed getting ready to go sleep. 

Despite the uneasy feeling in your gut you forced yourself to sleep because you was not about to deal with your mama yelling because you over slept. As soon as you started to doze off you heard a knocking on your window. Your eyes snapped open as you grabbed the small pocket knife under your pillow unprepared to fight against someone.

 "Y/n open up!" you heard from the window. You sat up and turned towards the window. "Connie?" you asked confused. "Yea, it's me. Open the window, it's cold out here." You got off the bed and opened the window. He climbed into your room as you looked at him confused. "Connie, it's almost midnight what the hell are you doing here?" 

He looked at you with a bored face as he sat on your bed. "I can't come to your house?" you looked at him like he was crazy. "I don't have a problem with you being here but it's almost 12am on a school night Connie. Now tell me why you're here." you sat next to him on your bed as he laid back. "No reason really, I was just thinking about you." You looked over at him to see that he was looking right back at you. 

This damn boy gon be the death of me, you thought. "Okay you was thinking about me. Is that all? Cause you can leave now we got school in the morning." He chuckled. "Relax babe." he said as he pulled you on top of him, knocking something over on your nightstand. "Babe?!" you looked down at him with an eyebrow raised. You were really tryna keep it together but you were literally straddling him. 

"Yea babe calm down." he said as he kept eye contact with you. There was a small pause before your lips touched each others. You could've swore that it lasted for hours. All you could think was damn we really kissing right now. In reality the kiss only lasted a few seconds before your mom bursted through the door. You got off of Connie quickly as he sat up.