ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

Connie's POV

"Yea kid with this album on the way you'll be on the road in no time." Mr.Smith said.

We're in a meeting right now and all that's in my head is what my mom asked me. 'Connie when are you gonna start getting the money?' I really don't know. And I don't actually have it under control. The truth is, I'm afraid I'm getting played too. But I told them I'll bring it up in this meeting.

"Mr.Smith can i ask you a question?"

"Yea go ahead." He told me. "I've released a few singles and they blew up. I'm also on the way to dropping the album. I can't help but to think about when the money is gonna start coming in." He let out a deep sigh. "Connie, son, I knew you would ask this question eventually. Money in this industry is very complicated. Unfortunately, with this label the artists don't get the money until they complete a tour."

"So I won't start making money until I complete a tour?" I asked him with a surprised face. "Yes. That's why I'm pushing you so hard to release this album. You need to go on tour as soon as possible."

"Okay sir. I'll work hard and have this album out soon."

TIME SKIP

Y/n's POV

Sitting in the studio watching Connie make his magic was something you enjoyed. But today you noticed he looked stressed. You got up to sneak behind him and massage his shoulders. It's something little but you hoped that it would help him relax. "Connie you look kinda tense." You told him while still massaging his shoulders. "Y/n not right now please." He told you while shrugging your hands off him. 

"What's wrong baby? I can tell something's bothering you." You said while leaning down to his height in his chair. "Y/n can you just leave me alone? I can't focus with you all up on me."

He's never talked to you like that. Usually when he's upset he sits you down to talk about it. "Connie are you okay? Do you wanna talk about it-" He raised his voice as he cut you off "Just leave me alone!"

"I-.......uhm okay I guess." You said walking back to the couch to get your things and leave. He must've lost his mind talking to you like that. But you don't wanna cause a scene in the studio so you'll give him some time to blow off his steam and he can talk to you again when he apologizes and learns not to talk to you like that.

Connie's POV

I watched Y/n leave the studio as a tear ran down my face. I didn't mean to yell at her like that and it was totally out of character for me. Rushing to put this album out is draining me but I have to do this for the sake of the people I love.

I'm not sure how to tell them that the money won't come in until I tour because I know they won't understand and I don't want my mom to cause a scene at Mr.Smith's office.

I just have to stay focused so that I can finally provide for them.

Y/n's POV

When you got home you went straight to your mom for advice. You laid your head down on her lap as you told her what happened at the studio. "Mommy he's never yelled at me like that before."

"Baby calm down, couples fight all the time." She tried to calm you down. "Yea mom but usually me and Connie can talk it out. He didn't even look at me." You ranted to her. You just couldn't believe he yelled at you like that. Without even apologizing. "Y/n it's Connie, he'll come around eventually. That boy loves you, he'll never intentionally hurt you."

But that's the thing he's been like that for about a week. All you want is to help him and he pushed you away. It looks like you'll just have to wait it out and see if he comes around. After all he is Connie.

TIME SKIP 𝒶 𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓀 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

It's been a week since the incident with Connie and he still hasn't apologized. He's barley been interacting with anyone. He just goes to the studio for hours then comes home to shower and sleep for a little and goes right back to the studio. 

This is the 7th day you've gone without talking to him and it's eating you up. You're so worried about him that you can't even keep your emotions in line. This morning you woke up in tears because you missed doing random things with him. You cried so much that you rushed to bathroom and puked up your dinner from the night before.

On the bright side, you managed to get another job. It's only for the summer but it's still something. It's going to help. You work at a country club and help out with the children on the old field and occasionally as a life guard. Lately you've been feeling so drained and being in the sun all day only adds more to the exhaustion but you have to make money some how. Besides, you love working with the kids and the free gourmet food.

It's a win win. Working at a fancy place, eating fancy food, working with adorable kids and being able to help your mom more with the bills. It's taking a lot of weight off her shoulders not having to worry about not meeting the deadline on rent and that's why you'll continue to work hard.

Connie's POV

It's killing me not talking to Y/n. But I haven't had any distractions and this album will be out by next week. I can't wait to be able to provide for my family. Mr.Smith is throwing me a party for the album release and says I can invite whoever I want, but all I wanna do is be up under Y/n right now. I just hope she forgives me for what happened at the studio.

Mr.Smith said he'll take care of everything else from here to the album drop so I get to go home and rest before I surprise Y/n with a date. I'm gonna pick her up from work and take her to the year round carnival she loved when we were kids. I'm win her a teddy bear and we'll make out on the ferris wheel. All the cliche things.

Then I'll take her home and we'll celebrate our success.

I finally pushed myself to make a semi long chapter. 1069 words. I'm also slowly but surely improving my writing style. Just bare with me until I get it perfect please.