ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

As you sat across from Connie in the lunch room you couldn't help but feel awkward. You guys haven't really had a normal conversation all day. "Y/n you know you don't have to feel awkward right? We kissed, no big deal. People do that sometimes."

"Yeah Connie, people kiss, but most of the time it's not their best friend." he rolled his eyes "Y/n, I'm done playing around. I know you like me. And you know I like you." he said while grabbing your hand. You were so nervous for what he was about to say next. You really couldn't believe he was confessing. "Y/n, I've had a crush on you for as long as I can remember, would you like to be my girl?"

You were absolutely speechless. Connie Springer. The boy you have been crushing on for as long as you can remember, just asked you out. Your best friend just asked you to be his girlfriend.

"Connie-" he cut you off before you could even say it. "Y/n don't give me that bullshit about not wanting to mess up our friendship. We both like each other, why don't we do something about it. Yeah I know it's a big risk of fucking up the relationship that we already have. But you know if it doesn't work out our moms would never let us stop being friends, you can't get rid of me. We're forever Y/n." he said while looking right into your eyes. You had no choice but to yes now. And that's exactly what you did.

"Yes Connie, I would love to be your girlfriend."

He swore he could kiss you right at that moment, but you guys were in the middle of the school cafeteria. "Finally. I can call you my girl." he said while smirking at you. You smiled back at him. Connie Springer is now your boyfriend. "Okay cool we're dating now but I have a class to get to." You said while getting up to walk away.

"Wait!" he called out to you. "Can you stop by later?" he asked when you turned around. "Nope. I work today."

TIME SKIP

As you tried to find something to do around the supermarket on your last hour before clocking out. You felt like someone was watching you. Assuming it was your boss, Connies grandma, you pretended to wipe the counter of the deli. You jumped as you felt a pair of arms wrap around you. But you calmed down when you saw the familiar poorly done stick and poke star tattoo on Connie's hand.

"Connie what do you want?"

"What? I can't see my girlfriend at work?" He unwrapped his arms from your waist and turned you around. "No, because you don't have work today." he chuckled. "Okay you caught me I guess." You put the rag down. "No you're not off the hook yet, you either have good news or want something from me." you looked at him suspiciously. "Okay yea I have good news, and I want to tell you at my house. 11 tonight." You looked at him surprised. He really wanted you to sneak out knowing how your mother is. "Connie you want me to sneak out? Are you crazy?!" 

"Chill out princess. I'll help you."

You can't believe you're really gonna sneak out tonight.