Part Seven: Better Or So I Thought

i settled in to my home with mom well at first but it got worse after a few months. when i got home mom surprised me with the fact that the house had internet and a huge ass cable package that only my room could use! i was so surprised i might as well have fallen flat on my ass. i was in techey heaven i couldnt beleave my life could be so good i had a new laptop i had a new xbox360 i even had Internet and cable so i could play xbox live and play games online on my laptop my favorite was runescape. one night on xbox live i met a guy who lived not too far from my town only two towns over. he started to tell me about how his parents were really nice and how he knew my friend taren how they hung out every Friday night at the local youth group and i was welcome to come anytime i wanted to. i said my mom was uber protective and that she probably wouldn't like me going anywhere with someone she didn't know. he said it was fine she could come with us too and i replied that she wasn't very open-minded about religion and that she already had a church. he said anybody was welcome but if we didnt like it we could leave. so after i got off xbox live i talked with mom the next morning about what we had discussed and she said that she would think about it but like always she wanted to meet his parents and all that before i went anywhere with them and spent a night at a friends house she cautioned me that i should keep my own views, not to let people influence my religious beliefs and to take it all with a little bit of scepticism. so mom let me go to the youth group and she met the guys parents and she sat and talked to them and found out that she and his dad knew each other from high school and they sat and caught up for like three hours!! i ended up playing xbox live with the guy and he ended up saying whenever i wanted to come to the youth group i was welcome i could even bring people that i wanted as a guest. his dad even invited me to spend the night and we agreed on next friday night so we set it up and i thought my life was turning around i had church i had good friends who didnt do drugs or drink i was finally at peace, but it changed and i stopped going to the youth group and i started to get into trouble again. the whole thing seems kind of ironic because if it wernt for what happened next i would not be here today working on changing my life.