Chapter 54

So another trigger warning: mentions of the word rape and the situation from the last chapter as well as assault. Be safe <3

———————

Actress Aspyn Grey Punches Someone at New Year's Eve Ball!

January 1, 2023

You'll never believe what Taylor Swift's Fiancée, Aspyn Grey, was shown doing in the background of a now viral TikTok captured by singer-songwriter Camila Cabello!

A clip of the singer dancing at a Times Squares' Party with boyfriend, Shawn Mendes, captured the 'Devon's Fields' actress hitting a man and knocking him into a wall, before the camera pans away.

The video has since been removed from Cabello's account, but copies have surfaced on multiple pages showing the incident. There has been no word from Grey or the event coordinators on the incident, and a spokesperson for the actress declined to speak on the matter at this time.

———————

"Camila said she didn't even see it last night, she was a little drunk and would never have posted it if she did," Tree explained. Aspyn did have her own publicist through the show but she was on holiday with her kids and apparently out of cell service, completely unaware and useless.

"Well can we get them all taken down?" Taylor bit her lip, walking back and forth in front of the fireplace to try and keep Kieran entertained as he refused to be put down at the moment.

"There's hundreds of copies on fan pages, it's almost worse than that kiss with Karlie that surfaced years ago. All we can do is release a statement explaining that it was self defence and that he was removed by event security, a tweet maybe. Carefully worded, with an apology-"

"I'm not apologizing for defending myself," Aspyn interjected, knitting her eyebrows, "If I didn't hit him? What, you want me to get pulled into a bathroom and have god knows what happen to me? His intentions were clear, a ten second clip doesn't show anything."

"She's right," Taylor nodded softly, "She's not going to apologize for defending herself, that's insane. Security didn't intervene in time, and he's lucky she didn't kill him because I've heard the stories about what happens to boys who do that where she grew up."

"They're six feet under," Aspyn mumbled, just not quiet enough to avoid the publicist's glare.

Tree pinched the bridge of her nose and typed a few words into her laptop, pausing and adding a few more sentences. Taylor was satisfied that the baby was now actually asleep, carefully setting him down in the playpen they had in the living room of the Franklin Street Penthouse.

"We have to be careful because we don't want to do the wrong thing and get you in trouble with the studio, I've reviewed your contract about a dozen times now and I think we'll be fine if we release this," Tree explained, turning the laptop and showing Aspyn a carefully written paragraph that would need to be sent out in multiple tweets.

A small clip doesn't show a full conversation. The man seen in the video attempted to grab me despite numerous warnings to back away and leave me alone and I acted in self defence. Event staff and security proceeded to remove him as he presented as a threat to myself and the other guests, my safety was my main concern here and I acted in a manner that allowed me to remain safe in a dangerous situation. Stay safe - Aspyn.

"Babe? You think that's okay?" Aspyn asked, this was her first time dealing with publicity that couldn't just be ignored, Taylor dealt with majority of the accidental coming out.