Chapter 26 : Dynamics

A/N: In a rush. There will be typos, so ignore those muna. Will edit when may time na uli...choriii 🤙🏻

Smiling affects our emotions. When someone smiles at us genuinely, it somehow makes us feel better. If we are having a bad day and a random person gives us a genuine smile, it makes a difference. Or if a cheerful child beams in delight, that joy transcends to us. Even a simple funny video that we see on YouTube, Instagram or TikTok creates a difference in our mood - smiling uplifts us.  I remember my very first pageant trainer once said, "A good smile that roots deep within your heart is like sharing the gift of happiness to those around you."

Now happiness - I don't know anybody who doesn't want to be happy. We do all kinds of things that gives us joy. We work to earn and make our family happy; we reward ourselves a vacation or a new gadget, or learn a new hobby to be merry; we celebrate to commemorate happy and important moments. Loving someone, even if it's a complex feeling which involves pain and lots of patience, gives us blissful happiness - especially if the other person reciprocates that love. It is one of the ultimate goals - it is that important.

It is amazing how a smile can have an impact on giving someone one of the most important feeling any human can share. A simple, easy and free way to be happy and make sombody happy - and right now, underneath all of these bright stars twinkling above me, I know I am happy.

"What are you thinking?", those beautiful deep brown eyes gaze at me in wonder, like a brilliant brown diamond gem that sparkle even further every time she grins - it's breathtaking.

"I don't want this night to end", I smiled back at her and at this moment, I could sense that she is happy - I want and intend to keep it that way.

"I'm thinking that I'm very lucky to be here. Despite the sacrifices, aches, sleeplessness and all the trainings just to be here, I would do it over and over again if it means that my path gets to cross with you".

Her eyes soften making my already flustered heart skip a beat.  Neither of us spoke a word after, yet the silence was soothing - like an invisible arm enveloping us in a comforting and binding hug.

"I'm going to miss you when this is all over", I could hear a faint crack in her tender voice. "I never thought this experience would lead me to so many unexpected things, fame, opportunities, friendship ——" she looked at me with glistening orbs, "— new feelings."

I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat.
My focus on her unwavering. My hands slid from the sides of her sleek bun-tied hair down to her cheeks.

"I want to find you", I smiled softly at her. "Wherever life places you, I want to search and come for you."

"Please don't make that kind of promise, Amanda", she pleaded in a whisper. "We don't know what can happen. You might change your mind when the this ends. I don't want —— " she sighed. "I don't want to expect. I don't want you to expect. I cannot even promise you anything right now", a sorrowful smile painted on her face as her hands pressed on my chest lightly. "But I want you to be happy", a sniffle escapes her.

"You don't have to promise me anything", my own hands raising to grab her wrists. "Rabiya," I looked deeper into her already watering eyes, "you've already made me happy".

Her full lips that I couldn't wait to kiss again started to quiver and pout - and she looked adorable. "You make me happy too", she cried out in a much higher tone. "I'm so afraid that people will be leaving me. I'm scared like what if you realize that you want somebody better? I am a simple girl, I'm not rich nor look like one. I don't even wear expensive designer things. I can't eat pasta like you without splattering the sauce. We don't even live in the same country, we're in a pandemic. I don't know how this will work."