1 - An Orange Marigold For an Orange fox.

Y/N lived in a small cottage in the woods. They loved it there. It was small, quiet, private. Everything you could dream of. The cottage had beautiful vines growing on the cobblestone walls and rows upon rows of garden greenery infront of it.

Y/N usually got the average woman walking by with a child and a basket in hand as they were watering the colorful flowers out front, but it wasn't a problem. They'd both smile and wave at eachother, and sometimes spark a bit of conversation.

Y/N liked it this way.

Y/N was watering the flowers on an afternoon when a familiar mother and child pass by, nothing out of the ordinary.

     "Top of the morning to you, Y/N!" The woman smiled, holding the paw of the fox beside her. Funny how she knew Y/N's name, yet she never told hers.

     Oh well, the least I can do is respect her privacy. Plus, why should I care what her name is?

She had curly, pink hair and wore a dark green sundress and a sunhat to match perfectly. Y/N noticed the almost scaley appearence on her skin from far away, however Y/N's eyesight wasn't very good. The shade of her seeming natural pink hair also made Y/N think of her as a fish.. a salmon!

     "Good morning! Where are you headed off to?" Y/N asked in a bubbly voice as always.

     "Just about to the market! Gosh, it's so far from here." The woman smiled again, humming to herself and continuing to walk through the woods and past her cottage.

     "Come along, Fundy! Your dad is waiting for us." She spoke to her son.

     "Aww, mom! But I wanna see the flowers.." The fox hybrid was pulling her towards the cottage. She pulled back in a patient manner.

     "No, Funds! We have to go see grandpa and your daddy, they're waiting for us." She fought back.

The fox pouted and whimpered lightly. Y/N gave the two a small giggle in response and dusted their hands off by clapping them together. Y/N bent down to pluck a small flower from their garden. It was convinently an orange Marigold.

Y/N reached over the old and chipped white fence, extending their arm so the small Fox could grab the flower.

He quickly ran over took the flower out of Y/N's hand, smiling with his sharp teeth, "Mommy, look!"

     "How kind, honey! What do we say, Fundy?" She hinted to her son to put his manners to good use.

     "Thank you." He smiled brighter and his tail started wagging.

     "Have a great afternoon!" Y/N waved to the two with their other hand that wasn't on their hip..

     "You too!" The woman smiled at Y/N and grabbed Fundy's paw to continue on their journey.

Once the woman and her son turned to leave, Y/N continued to water the flowers and would quietly hum to themself here and there. Again, peaceful and unbothered.

An hour or so passed and as they were sitting on the porch in a rocking chair, Y/N heard the most terrifying noises come from afar, as if it was at the small town nearby. Explosions and screams.. Y/N didn't let curiousity get the best of her so she went inside to clean herself up and shower.