5 - A Translucent Stranger.

After tucking the fox into bed, he immediately went to sleep. Y/N let him sleep in their bed since the cottage only had one bedroom.

Couch for me, it is! Y/N laughed to themself. But first, I'd love to make some bread for tomorrow morning.

Y/N got out flour, milk, eggs, water, and some other items they'd need to make the perfect loaf of bread. Bread was a great food. It was quick, easy to make, and tasty!

Once the bread was in the oven, they plopped down onto the couch and grabbed a book on the wooden side table. 'Tales of the SMP.' One of my favorites!

Ah, I need a blanket! Y/N reminded their forgetful self. They collected a heavy comforter from the closet in the hallway and layed it on the sofa. They flopped down ontop of it and opened the cover of the book.

As Y/N flipped to the first page, they noticed a book being held by a man looking spirit at the corner of their eye, just from the tall bookshelf in the corner.

"Huh?-" Y/N sat up with a serious expression. The book fell, as if he just noticed they saw it, and dropped to the floor. The ghost figure was now gone.

"What the.." Y/N mumbled to themself as they walked over to the book and picked it up, examining it. They closed the book and placed it back onto the shelf with many others, looking around cautiously to make sure there wasn't anyone there.

Okay, now I'm "tired-seeing-things-tired." I should really get to bed. Y/N sighed, crawling back onto the sofa and keeping the small lamp beside them, on.

Y/N exhaled, facing the ceiling, and closed their beautiful eyes, "God, why do bad things happen to good people?" They asked, almost as if they were expecting an answer.

Almost on que, Y/N opened their eyes to be in the shadow of a translucent stranger, standing over the head of Y/N and glancing down at them.

"AAAH!-" Y/N julted up and fell onto the floor, hitting their head on the wooden floor. They immediately sat back up and crawled back from the figure.

"Wh.. What- Uh- m.." Y/N couldn't control the stammering coming out of their mouth like fast lyrics.

"Are you alright?" The british voice asked, he was a spirit.. A ghost. Wearing a yellow sweater and black slacks. He wore a red beanie with fluffy hair sticking out from it and round glasses. His translucent skin was also gray like cement. Everything, even his clothes were translucent and dull in color.

Y/N vividly shook their head no, confused and scared, "..Are you a.. Ghost?"

"I think so?.. Am I still Alivebur though?" The floating man looked at his hands, almost if he was questioning himself to that extent.

"No, I don't think so.." He muttered to himself casually, "How rude of me! Let me help you." The man reached out his hand as an offer to help Y/N up.

How the hell is he holding my hand? He's see-through!

"Thank you." Y/N didn't crack a smile this time, "Are you cursed or something?"

"Hm, I sure hope not.." The ghost creature thought to himself for a second, "Do you have a name?"

"It's Y/N."