8 - Goodbye.

"GRANDPA!" Fundy shouted from the living room, running toward the people at the door and giving the blonde man a big hug on his leg.

      "Fundy.." Phil would pat the top of his head and quietly laugh to himself, knowing his grandson was safe. Fundy turned to run into the garden but Phil grabbed him by his jacket's collar.

   "I'm sorry, I found him in the forest. He was shivering from a few days agos' downpour. I thought someone might've left him there to die.." Y/N was honest with the man.

    "Ey, don't worry about it mate! Sally tells me about you from time to time, Y/N, the florist in the woods. She knew Fundy liked you, and would always tell me about it. So we both assumed you'd know where he went. We're all just a bit shaken up.. From.." Phil's voice felt heavier in Y/N's ears as he stared off into space, thinking. Sally! That's the mother's name..

But something did happen, with those explosions and the small fox..

That makes me wonder, why didn't Sally just come and pick Fundy up herself? Is Fundy's mom oka-?

   "WELP!" The man inturrupted Y/N's skeptical thoughts, "We better be going now, right Funds?" Phil patted Fundy's head that was accompinated with a black sailor hat that matched the stripes on his jacket.

     "But grandpa.. The Y/N!" Fundy whinned, trying to sneak another glimpse of Y/N.

   "Hey Fundy, remember Eret?" Phil held the boy's shoulders and made Fundy face him. His british accent being very noticeable whenever he'd pronounce 'Fundy.'

     "Eret? Oh! Eret!" Fundy recalled a memory of that 'Eret' person.

   "Eret wants to meet you again and we wanna talk to you about something, okay?" Phil would now pat the short fox on the head, keep in mind all infront of Y/N.

     "Oh, okay!" Fundy smiled brightly.

   "Thank you again, Y/N!" The man would dip his striped bucket hat as a kind gesture. As they left, Y/N couldn't do anything. Y/N built a little bond with that poor fox, she was going to miss him..

No! Stay strong Y/N..

Instead of stopping them, Y/N stood there, smiling and waving at their backs as they walked away.

Y/N wanted to ask him about Sally.. And tell him about the Ghost hiding in their house. Y/N knew this was all connected somehow.

Y/N held the hot air in their lungs as they closed the door and pressed their back against it, slumping down and sitting against it. Y/N burried their face in the knees that would now be pressed onto their forehead.

How. Embarrassing.

The ghost walked over to Y/N without creeking a plank in the floor. He quietly sat beside them and placed his transparent hand on Y/N's back.

   "Are you alright?" He rubbed Y/N's back gentley. His words were soft and calm, tingling Y/N's finger tips ever so slightly. The ghost didn't feel any sorrow, guilt, or dismay. He would only sit there in attempt to calm Y/N beside him.

"It's okay, I'm here for you."