Consequences

Promise'

"Yall gotta get yall shit and get the FUCK out of my house." My mom screamed at my brothers as I broke down with Cortland in my hands. My only help was leaving me . This can't be , there's no way she's serious they are her sons.
"You deadass right now ma ? You gone choose a nigga over me folks forreal?" Cody said obviously hurt from this.
"Come on Cody she said what she said , were gone." Cory said looking at me.
"Please mom please." I cried out to her begging her for them.
"No P , she wants us gone .." Cory said getting on his knees infront of me.
"Please Cory , please bro.." I cried barely even able to see his face as Cortland cringed onto me. "I finally felt like something." I mumbled breaking down. As Cory hugged me.
"I love you Promise , I'm sorry I haven't told you it in so long. I knew you needed me and I wasn't there. I'm so sorry." Cory said hugging me still. I glanced over seeing Cody crying. I haven't seen him cry since our dad's funeral. Cory started to slowly stand up and I felt the feeling of being protected leave me , that feeling that I've craved my whole life disappear as if it was nothing ... as if I was nothing . I was crushed. Cody took a knee hugging me tightly as he whispered "I'm sorry P , I'm so sorry. I will be back for you. I promise." He let me go and it felt like all of my hearing faded but I could hear my mom yelling at them to leave. I felt so empty and weightless. I looked my mom into her eyes with mine filled with tears as the gaze of her not caring burned through my heart. "What am I gonna do. What am I gonna do" I thought to myself. I sat there silent as everyone left from in my room. Everything felt like it was moving in slow motion , I almost felt like I wasn't there like I was invisible as my tears poured down my cheeks and Courtland played with my face wanting attention.  I looked down at him not knowing what to do or how to even move at that point. I let him crawl out of my arms and room as he made his way into the hallway. I sat there staring at the door way stiff as a board watching as my brothers carried their things past the door and down the stairs. I layed on my back too weak to move as I heard the door slam . All I could feel is the fire like burning on my arms from the whips.. and all I could hear was the sound of my broken heart beating...