Chapter 7: Mates Aren't That Bad, Or Are They...

Monsters no longer sleep under our beds, they now scream inside of our heads.

I woke up to feel an arm wrapped around my waist. I looked where the arm lead back to and it was Jason. I moved his arm off of me and got up, but as I was walking into the bathroom Jason sat up and said to me in his deep husky voice. “Where are you going?” “Bathroom I need to get cleaned up and go hunting. I dont need help.” I said as I read his mind link that was open to me because he just woke up.

“How did you know I was going to ask if you needed help?” He said to me sitting up. “I’m Death, remember?” I Stopped walking and turned back around to face him. He look so upset. “I know that but, how did you read my mind like that… Do you have powers?” He asked while getting up off the bed. “Yeah I do, I’ll tell you about them later… Ok” I said as he walked closer to me, almost to close. Almost. “Ok… Just be careful while you hunt ok.” He stretched his hand out to touch my face, I looked away. “Yeah… Will do.”

I walked into the bathroom and took a shower. Got out fast and got dressed. I let my hair down in it’s soft curly waves. I walked out to see Jason sitting on the bed asleep but dressed  in his normal everyday clothes. I walked over to him. “Wake up Jason, I’m leaving now..” I tapped his cheek. “Hmmm… what oh hey, you look good.” He said sitting up.” “thanks.”

We walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs. I saw all the wolves that I saw in my vision. There was so many wolves here! It was truly amazing. I felt my wings begging to come out and for I let them.

The ripped through my two scares that are on my upper back that are in a shape of a V. I love the slight pain i get when i let the free and the feeling of freedom I get. People all around me stopped and stared at me and my wings. I flapped my wings and off I was to my next hunt.

By the time I flew over the city it was dark out but I flew with ease because I knew that he was waiting on me to come back. I looked and found a hole group of people that had all sinned. Now was my time. I swooped down and landed in front of them. There was about 10 or 15 of them.

“Hello boys, how are you guy tonight?” I asked. “You know pretty girls like you shouldn’t be out alone. Something bad could happen.” The guy who looked like their leader said. They didn’t notice my wings, I walked up to the man. “You shouldn’t worry about that, you should worry about me killing you.” I looked him straight in his eyes. “Yeah right you're just some gir…”  But thats all he got out for I had ripped his tongue out.

They all looked at him and myself in horror. “You all have sinned now you must die..” I said as I ripped out their souls making them fall to the ground. I drank their blood and left.

I flew back with speed for I have been gone for too long. I landed, yeah I did get a few stares and a few glares. But it didn’t bother me at all. I walked into the house and  followed my mates sent to the living room. But what I saw confused me. There was TWO Jasons on the couch…

“What the actual Hell..” I said still confused. They got up and looked at me. “Mine!” They both growled. Are you kidding me I have two of them. Great… Note the sarcasm.

Why me?