Get Me That

Prologue

ANNE P.O.V.

The loud thumping of the music went right in sync with my heart. It was running, running hard. Nobody including me knew where exactly was it heading. But I knew one thing, that Christopher was here with me. And he wasn't anywhere else. I was in his securing large arms which shielded me from the harm. We swayed with the music, it felt just right.

But I couldn't put the urge inside me down. The urge which told me that this perfect moment wasn't going to last for long. That something terrible was going to happen. Soon.

I looked up into his piercing green eyes. And I felt alright for that one moment. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"Having fun?" he asked

"Um....not exactly" I lied "But I can survive"

"That's my girl" he chuckled and was interrupted when the mike went off giving way to a loud creak.

All the heads turned in the direction of the source. And, we could see the irritated principal of Francis High stand before us.

"A very good evening to you all. Welcome to the Prom night of 2009-2010. I'm hoping you all are having fun" he said as someone shouted a rude comment at him.

He ignored it and went on.

"As every year, today also we are going to announce the winners of the Prom night king and queen" he explained as everybody cheered.

"Yes, so the Prom king of 2009-2010 is........." he opened the envelope as every breathe in the room stopped.

"Christopher Wade!" he announced

Christopher looked down at me with a grin on his face. I was so damn positive of the fact that he was going to win. I didn't care if I won or not. But the thing was I was more than happy when he did. I smiled back at him as I said a "go!" and pushed him.

He strutted towards the stage and accepted the crown. Hah....it was really funny but he still looked really smart and hot like always.

The principal said a congrates to him and shook hands.

"And the winner of the Prom Queen is......" he smiled a fake smile.

"Anne D!"

Oh, no. I didn't expect this to happen. I thought Courtney was going to win, since well she was looking so damn flawless in her pink dress. Oh, God.

I slowly walked towards the stage and accepted the crown with all grace that I could manage before the humongous crowd. The principal shook hands with me too.

Christopher bent down and pecked me on the cheek. I eyed him since he did it in front of the whole school.

"What?" he looked at me all innocently "You deserved it Prom Queen" he emphasised on the words 'Prom Queen'

I just blushed a deep shade of red. Cameras started flashing in every direction which in turn blinded me.

"Let's get out?" I heard him say as I nodded.

He led me out of the hall. In no time were we out in the hallway. He took my hand in his. My hand had never felt clammy before whenever he held it, but tonight for some strange reason they were sweating badly. We walked into the giant reception of the hotel in which our Prom was being held. 

"405 please" I heard Christopher say.

Oh My God! he had booked a room here. Oh, God.

"Why can't I book a room here?" he asked. I guess he noticed my expression.