Ch 4 - She looked plain scared

Chapter 4

ALEX P.O.V.

"Come on Anne." I offered her my hand as she took it gently.

Her skin felt so soft in my palm that I was almost about to kiss her hand. But I somehow managed to kill that urge inside of me. I can't take anymore risks, considering that I have to take care of her. Not love her. I'm not supposed to now.

It has been a week since Anne was in the hospital and Chris died. The doctor said it was fit to take her home. So I informed Ethan about it and he was cool of me bringing her home.

She stepped out of the car with a big smile on her face, expecting to see her house, since she didn't remember it. She stood straight up in a shirt which actually belonged to me. The reason being because the hospital staff did not have any good stuff to wear, well not to Anne's taste. So I offered her my overnight shirt, which by the way was too big for her.

"Is this my house?" she asked looking at me with questioning eyes.

"Yes." I nodded as I walked her to the rosewood door of the enterance to the house.

She still gripped my hand pretty tightly. The thing was I didn't want to let go off it. The feeling of dependence she was radiating into me was overloading but I still wished deeeply for that feeling. I wanted her to think that I would always be there for her, whatever maybe the situation.

I slightly opened the door as we stepped in together. She was almost jumping by my side in lue of exploring the house she lived in. 

"Oh My God. This is huge." she gasped.

I chuckled slowly. The thought of telling your own place as huge was kind of wierd, but exceptionally she passed. Because she has Amnesia.

"Is this really my house Alex?" she asked looking down the hallway.

Nobody was home right now. Her mom had gone to a friend's house, her dad had gone to work and Ethan had obviously gone back to attending his college.

"Yes Anne. It's your home." I smiled at her.

"Uh huh." she nodded eyeing around still not leaving my side.

"You want to go to your room or you want to eat something?" I asked her trying a little to let go fo her hand before I grabbed her and kissed her.

"Nah, I don't want to sleep again." she shook her head. "It was already a bore to sleep there in the hospital almost 24/7. I can't do it here again."

"So you want to eat something?" I questioned and prayed she would say no as I sucked at cooking stuff. My life depended on canned beans itself. How am I suppose to feed her?

"Now that you mention it, I'm starving!" she clutched her stomach.

Oh no!

What am I supposed to do now. Damn it.

"Um....you don't want to eat or what?" she asked looking at my face because well I was sure I just made the 'OH NO' face.

"Yea I do want to. But...." I trailed of not knowing how to explain my skills which lacked in the culinary field.

"Okay, so you are not much of cook. Am I right?" she guessed it right.

"Uh....no" I said plainly a little embarresed at my weakness.

"Can't we eat out then?" 

"I suppose we could." I nodded. It could be fair.

"Well, then can we proceed?" she bowed like a gentleman which made me laugh a light snort.