Ch 2 - She says we belong together

Chapter 2

ALEX P.O.V.

I rushed towards her. Thank the God she was alright. She was still the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen in a hospital gown. 

"Thank God!" I sighed taking hold of her shoulders.

"Who---who are you?" she asked again

"Who am I?" I questioned "Who am I?....you don't know me?....It's me Alex, Anne!"

The door of the room creaked open and there stood the doctor with lines of worry all over his forehead. He looked at me sceptically then at my hands on her shoulders and finally at Anne.

"Uh...Mr. Wade. Can have a word with you?" 

I nodded and let go off her. The 'CAN-I-TALK-TO-YOU' phrase has always been the harbinger of trouble for me. I walked on till the door, on the way just to turn around and look at her. She looked confused at something.

"Uh....You know her?" the doctor asked when we were outside

"Um, yeah."

"So....so---so you are her boyfriend?" he asked hesitantly

"Actually no. She happens to be my--my brother's girlfriend." I managed out as I felt a tear form in my eyes.

"I'm sorry" he spoke putting a hand on my shoulder "I'm sorry about your brother. We couldn't really save him. The steering wheel hit his head so hard that there was a little bit of his brain working left."

The silence fell again, which isn't really what I want at this moment. I seriously want to talk to Anne. Ask her as to why she can't remember me.

"Mr.Wade." I looked at his face which was scruched up with worry too.

"Your brother's girlfriend here---" 

"Anne" I simpered

"Yes, Anne. She hit the dash board pretty hard, which made the fluid in the cranium absorb the shock, but it cracked all the way to her brain. Might have been her head bounced back, but then it hit the dash board again, so the shock went straight to her brain. It effected the part where all the memory is stored."

What!!!!!??????

What did he mean. Has she lost her memory. Is she--is she......

Noooo!!!!!......noooo, she can't have Amnesia....Nooooo!!!!!

"So you mean...." I started 

"Yes, she is Amnesic now. She has a failure to remember things or events prior to the brain insult."

Somehow again, the tear that had dried off, started to form again. Is this really happening?

It can't be happening!

"It's better if you just don't tell her about your brother. It might go into shock once again, and there is a slight chance that......" he said unfinishing his sentence.

I knew what he meant. But he didn't want to say it. I accepted the fact that I will never be able to remind her of me. Alex Wade, who loved her so damn much.

"Just say it!" I exclaimed lowly

"She might die" he whispered as I closed my eyes expecting to wake up from this nightmare.

I did hate my brother. I hated Chris with all my guts. Never did I think I'd suffer so much agony if he was gone. I didn't know Anne as much as Chris did. Chris was actually my only mentor, my friend, my everything. I never accepted this fact. Until now, I'm not forced to, but I feel it.

I had the hard urge that made me feel this fact. That I really couldn't do anything without Chris. Nothing!

"You can go inside, act like nothing happened. You know just a small accident in which she hit her head, and tell her everything except the Christopher thing. Okay?" he doctor walked away leaving me staring at the floor.

My feet took me in the room. I looked at a confused again. She eyed me.

"I--I can't remember you" she confessed with the innocense I've always loved.

"Um....that's because the doc told me you just hit your head on a stupid table." I said smiling

She smiled back. That smile made me do flip flops even if I knew it wouldn't make my agony go less.

"Um, Alex. You are my boyfriend?" she asked

A chuckle escaped my lips. Oh, how I wished I was.

"No" I smiled leaning down and touching her nose with mine.

"Why?" she asked lowly

"Because......" I didn't know how to answer that.

"Because?" she asked. She was looking for an answer in my eyes.

I shut my eyes and pulled back, afraid of the fact that she'll know the truth. The truth that I was her dead boyfriend's brother. A fact she wasn't supposed to know.

"Because....we can't be with each other." I replied looking the other way.

I could feel her confusion on my back. It was intense.

"And why can't we be with each other?" I heard her questioning tone.

"Because people don't want us to be." I said 

"But I feel we were already together" she softly whimpered.

That made me turn around and look at her. So naive, so serene. How can she be that way? How?

It makes me realize of how much big of an idiot I was to think that love is not a fairytale, not a song to be sung of. Because it totally was.

"And why do feel that way?" I asked smiling still

"I---I just feel like we were meant to be together. Like, I was with you already.....before I came here." she traced the bed with her hands.

Oh My Freaking God!!!!!!

She still has the vague memory of Chris. Since he was my brother he did look like me. But when my eyes fell on the ring she was wearing, I was confirmed about a thing. That Chris had proposed her! It was clear. The ring she was wearing was my mother's. No mistaking in that. She noticed that I was looking at the ring.

"You gave me this right?" she asked me "Because I remember a little. You know, I like it"

I didn't give  reply to any of the things she said. I just glared at her.

She stood up and faced me. Our faces just a small inch apart. She took a deep breathe, which is something she takes a lot. 

"Alex.....Thank you" she said smiling like a little girl.

She wraped her slender arms around my neck and buried her face on my shoulder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author - I don't think it's upto the mark.....so I need comment as suggestions. Also I need ur votes if u want me to write more.

thnks fr reading everybody. I really appreciate it....Also plz chk out my odr works too :)

thnk u