Ch 3 - Looks like a 3 year old

Chapter 3

ALEX P.O.V.

If you'd tell me that I would loose my brother, and that I had to take care of his girlfriend who also happens to be some one I love.....I would say - "NO SHIT!"

But, well obviously life doesn't turn out the way we always want it to be. Does it? Life has had a tendency of taking unexpected turns, turns which aren't actually some times appreciated. 

Right now I'm here. In the hospital with Anne in her room. Where she is taking peaceful breathes indicating her silent slumber. It's not just the way she snores but the whole silent aura which is surrounding her right now. It seems to engulf me into it.

Some times it's partly odd when I think of her being with me. I've imagined it so many times, but never had I thought about it in this way - she on the hospital bunk and me looking on to her. I feel the intensity of this moment.

The door of the room burst open. And there, were the people who have had the privilege of spending time with Anne. It was her family.

"How is she?" her brother Ethan asked striding in quickly. 

"Um, better" I managed out.

"And how is Christopher?" her mother asked me putting a hand on my shoulder.

I just blanked out at that question. It made me realize the loss that I had just suffered. It made my knees go weak, and I began to wobble.

And that moment the doctor came in and lead the three of them to his office. I had to thank the God for this. I really didn't have that much courage to tell her what happened to Christopher.

It wasn't until an half of an hour later that they returned, all having red shot eyes filled with the tears of a loss. 

"I'm sorry Alex" her mother embraced my still body. Yes, I'm close to her family since Christopher took me with him whenever her parents organised dinner.

The Delgado's have always been gracious to their guests, especially if it's their future son-in-law and his brother. The problem being that both the guys were willing to be their son-in-laws. Obviously they don't know about it, so it is better kept under the wraps.

I looked at Ethan, who was staring at the sleeping Anne sadly holding onto the bedside. I know who he felt, the feeling of knowing when a sibling is on the brink of dying. He advanced his hand to hers and rubbed it, which made her open her eyes.

She loooked around at all of us, and then fixed her sight on me. Probably having thousands of more questions regarding the people here.

"Who are all of you?" she asked looking at them "Are you my family?"

Ethan kind of shut his eyes hard.

"How are you sis?" he asked stroking her lusturious black hair.

"I'm fine brother." she replied smiling and holding onto his hand.

"Oh, Anne!" her mother burst out hugged her tight.

"Oh, mother. I am fine." she said rocking back and forth.

"I am glad you are sweet heart" her father spoke with built up steadiness in his voice.

She nodded at all of them. It seemed she took the family reunion pretty well.

"So am I going home?" she asked with a hint of excitement in her voice.

There was silence now. Nobody know how to answer that, which forced me to answer her some how.

"I'm afraid Anne, but the table hit you a little harder than we expected. So the doctor says you'll be here for a little longer than expected" I faked a smile

She nodded like a three year old being told not to play in the sun. She had that adorable thing about her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author - We ll I noe well dt this is short....but this one essentially needs to be short.

thnks fr readin

plz comment n vote....plzzzz