|{8}|

Epilogue because I can:

Christmas morning came with snow. The gentle flakes fell down to earth and Fundy was out of bed with the birds, shoving on a pair of slippers before opening his door and running down the hall to Wilbur and Aster's room. He opened the door, letting it close behind him and losing his slippers as he ran at the bed, jumping up onto it. "Merry Christmas!!" He shouted as he landed on Wilbur's legs who let out a groan of pain as he sat up and picked his son up, making Fundy giggle in delight.

Aster remained, with her arms around her pillow, smiling softly as Wilbur put Fundy down between the two of them, flopping back down with a tired sigh. Fundy lay between the two of them and started to slowly push Wilbur off the bed. "You're going to shove your father off the bed on Christmas morning?" Aster questioned sleepily as she opened her eyes to look at Fundy.

"Yep! It's my bed now! Nobody's allowed here but me!" Fundy declared, successfully pushing his father out of bed.

"Does that mean I have to leave too?" Aster asked as she sat up a little bit.

"No, you're my mum so you get special protection."

And then Aster was crying, Fundy was confused, and Wilbur was smiling as he comforted Aster.

Eventually, the trio made their way to the drawing-room where they joined with the king and queen, Kailani, Puffy, Sam, and Paris. The group opened presents before moving onto breakfast and spending the rest of the day together, playing in the snow and enjoying their gifts.