Chapter six

(The song I listened to while making this chapter is in the media! :3)

-Fennel's POV-

I was even more alert after that hawk flew at me. Though by now the rain had started slowly trickling. Far off I heard a crack of thunder and saw lightning flash. We would have to hurry home before it caught us.

I started to hurry, but something caught my eye again. I crawled through the bushes to look at a small clearing with a tiny waterfall and stream. in the middle was a beautiful grey horse with white speckles. It's long wavy hair flowed a bit in the slight breeze from the upcoming storm. I quickly grew a carrot and slowly walked out to confront it.

-Cinder's POV-

I ran as fast as I could. Thunder boomed loudly over me and the dark ball room lit with a bright flash of lightning. Rain poured through the broken window.

Somehow I was at the top balcony, overlooking where I had first come. As I turned Alloy slowly walked towards me. As he stopped at the other end of the balcony he took out a pistol. My heart raced in my chest as he raised it and cocked it, aiming at me.

"Alloy.... we don't have to do this!" I begged raising my hands in defense.

He chucked, "I said I wasn't a person you wanted as an enemy, Cinder."

More thunder boomed and lightning cracked again. I turned around just in time to see it as it lit up the ball room, catching what it could into flames. I turned again just as I heard a loud gunshot and gripped the guard rail behind me as the bullet hit my left shoulder.

Pain shot through me and I grabbed where I had been shot with my right hand. "You're insane!" I yelled.

He started walking over to me again and I leaned up against the rail as he came right up to me. "Maybe a little..." he said in a low voice.

I tried to run around him again but he grabbed my hand. As I turned to face him again he grabbed my other one. We struggled for a bit and he finally got the upper hand, flinging me around him and over the rail and putting my hands on it so I dangled over the fire.

"Fire won't hurt you, but I have different thought about the hight..." he chuckled again.

I struggled to hold is as the pain from my shoulder made me weak, "Please! We can work something out!" I pleaded.

"How about...." he paused, "NO!" He yelled after a second.

I clenched my teeth, "Alloy! Your a power wolf! That's obvious!" I yelled over the loud rain and thunder, "You should know full and well what will happen if I die!"

His face grew serous, "That didn't stop him from killing the power wolf that I loved. He just made a new one, without any thought!" He yelled, taking out a pistol again.

"Alloy....think about it! I have someone I love too! Don't make him feel the same way!" I yelled as my hands started to slip.

He looked at me with furry, "The same person that took her place. He deserves this." he said turning and starting to walk away.

"No!" I yelled. Tears filled my eyes, "Hydro, I'm sorry....." I closed my eyes and a tear fell down my cheek as I felt the rail slip away from me...