Chapter 4

Lexy's POV

After arriving home that night, I realized I never got any of his contact information. Although I was feeling down for a little, I didn't dwell on it; I'd see him in school the next day. Chase excited me in a way I wasn't used to. The way he kissed me unapologetically, flirted with me, played with my hair. It's like he was meant for me or something which sounds stupid but feels so true. I went to sleep thinking of him and what it would be like if things got more serious between us.

I woke up the next morning excited to see him at school. Would he be as excited to see me? I left my hair down with little braids scattered through and changed into a pair of jeans with a black short sleeve crop top. When I grabbed my backpack and walked out the door, I saw Chase waiting for me in front of his car, flowers in hand. He must've noticed the surprised expression on my face, saying:

"You didn't think I'd forget about my carpool promise did you? Such little faith you have in me Lexy,"

"I was just expecting to see you at school since you didn't get my number."

"That was my fault but don't worry I didn't forget your address. I also brought these for you, I hope you like them," He nervously extended his arm holding the bouquet of tulips and peonies out for me.

I ran over to Chase and took the flowers right before kissing him. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up making me laugh and smile at him.

"You're so freaking sweet I love them!!"

"Okay good I was worried you wouldn't like them,"

He gave me a kiss just before he set me down in front of the passenger door to his car. He opened the door so I could get in and walked to the other side.

"Are you excited for math?" Chase asked.

"Wait are you in my first period? I feel so dumb I didn't even realize that,"

"No way you didn't even see me."

"I'm sorry my brain was scattered. But speaking of math I am not looking forward to it; I'm still trying to understand what a derivative is!"

"Maybe we could go over it together later,"

"That would be perfect actually like right after school. Should we go to the library?"

"You can just come to my place if you're fine with that."

He pulled into a parking spot and we got out of the car to make our way towards math class. When we got to class, he pulled a chair up next to me as Mr. Martin started a new lesson plan. I liked having him with me, he made me feel safe. After class ended I walked to history and noticed Xavier walking around. He stared at me as I walked into my class but never said anything. Weird.

The day went by and I found myself in front of Chase's car waiting for him. He walked out of the building talking to a girl and ran over to me as soon as we made eye contact. He put his arms around me and squeezed immediately.

"Who was that?"

"Oh Elle? She's my friend I've known her since we were like 11."

"You have to introduce me I'm not doing too well in the friends department or in the math department,"

"Don't worry I'm ready to help you with both," he assured me with a grin.

He drove to his house and I walked in, surprised by how green it was. The living room was littered with house plants that glistened in the sunlight. As we walked up the stairs to his room, his mom noticed us and said hi.

"Hey guys, how was school? Chase this must be the Lexy you were telling us about,"

"Mom don't embarrass me we're just trying to do some math here. School was fine."

I just smiled and waved at her as Chase pulled me to his room. The thought of him telling his parents about me made me feel special and warm inside. Oregon really wasn't as bad as I first thought.

"I'm sorry about that I don't know what she's talking about," he assured me as we sat on his bed.

"Yeah I'm sure. So I guess we should get ready for the quiz Friday and then just do our other homework?"

He motioned for me to put my backpack on the floor and pulled me into him.

"Don't worry we have so much time for that. We have other stuff to do," Chase chuckled.

The next thing I knew his lips were on mine and he had his arms wrapped around my waist. I started running my hands through his hair as we fell back and continued making out on his bed. I really did like him, but I was worried maybe things were moving too fast.

"We really do have to study,"

"You're right, we should start by going over our notes from yesterday."

I watched him fix his pants before he got up and beckoned for me to come to his desk. We pulled out our notebooks and laid them out on the table, reading the bullet points and trying out some practice problems. I was at his house for like 3 hours finishing all of my homework and having dinner with his family. He dropped me off at home and although I didn't want to be alone, I got out and waved goodbye to him.

Feeling wiped as soon as I set foot into the foyer, I went upstairs to take a shower. After finishing my skincare routine and changing into a pajama set, I slid into bed and laid there for a little before I fell asleep.