18

Just like that, the two go back to their routine. No one uttered a word and started working that same morning. Of course, Jimin was obviously tired from never having done something like that before, which did get noticed, but was brushed off as a bad night sleep.

"Honey you really need to get to bed earlier," Mrs. Park states from the kitchen.

The rest of the family was sat in the family room, each occupied with their own task while Mr. Park was out running errands.

"Oh-" Jimin yawns, "I'm fine really, eomma... I'll be better tomorrow."

"I know, cause you will get a good night sleep tonight, I will make sure of it."

Jimin smiles and looks down at his sweater paws. He sits in a chair across from Yoongi who is on his laptop. The twins sit on the floor while the other two family members play board games together.

Jimin studies the elder and his facial features. His soft eyes and pouty lips while concentrating, but piercing and cynical in other settings. The younger stares at Yoongi's lips, already missing the feel of them. When he looks back up to the elders eyes, he shocked to see them looking right back at him.

"Oh- sorry. We're you saying something?" Jimin asks.

"No..."

"Ah..."

"We're you looking for something?" Yoongi asks.

"No..."

"Aah... okay."

The two go back into silence with Jimin sitting in the chair and Yoongi fiddling with things on his laptop.

"What are you doing?"

Yoongi looks up once again from his screen.

"Working."

"On?"

"Music."

"Really?"

Jimin's eyes widen in excitement, "what kind of music."

Yoongi shrugs, "whatever I'm working on in the moment."

"Can I hear?"

"It's not done."

"That doesn't bother me."

"We'll it bothers me."

Jimin pauses at the elders response. Yoongi looks back up and smirks.

"I want to finish it before you hear it."

"Why?"

"Because, I said so."

"Fine." Jimin pouts, "whatever makes you happy."

~

Jimin finishes cleaning up the horse pens as the sun starts setting. He makes his way out of the barn and begins walking back to his house, deciding to take the long route to the back of his house. Upon walking up to the back porch he sees Yoongi leaning against the railing, staring at his phone.

"I'm surprised you're allowed to have that out here," Jimin chuckles.

Yoongi looks up from his phone to the younger approaching the porch.

"I made a statement that it was important."

"Using your phone is important? Is it not just games and toxic social media?"

"Have your parents corrupted you even further? I'm replying to emails."

"Emails... about what."

"University, I'm accepting one of my offers."

"Which one?"

"Seoul University."

"Oh..."

"What?"

"I keep forgetting you're leaving," Jimin sighs and sits on the steps leading up to the porch.

Yoongi looks down and reluctantly decides to join him.

"Well yeah, I'm only here so I don't get arrested."

Jimin lets out an even sadder sigh.

"Right. Yeah, I forgot, you don't even want to be here."

"No not reall- are you mad at me?"

"You basically just said you never wanted to come here, so I guess us meeting means nothing to you?"

"That is definitely not what I meant and you know that," Yoongi sternly replies, making Jimin gulp.

"My parents always take people in, trying to "fix" them, you were the first one that wasn't a complete asshole. You're so excited to get out of here, are you going to go crawling back to that friend of yours, he clearly is interested in you."

"I- if you think Hoseok and I have any history you're very wrong and being a real pain right now, you know that?! You don't even know why I'm here in the first place."

"It's not hard to guess."

"You're so naive. You know nothing about the world and go out once and think you know everything, huh. You know nothing about me, nothing."

"So you are just like all the assholes that come here."

Jimin huffs and stands up, walking into the house leaving Yoongi cursing with his head hanging in his hands.