Elbereth! Elbereth!

[YOUR POV]

You vaguely remember your old self, now that you had lived among the elves for two centuries. That human girl that first entered this land called Middle Earth seemed like a different person.

Naive. Selfish. Scared.

But not anymore. Not since Legolas entered your life. Suddenly, he became your world, and surprisingly, you became his.

And god, he loved you like no one could ever did.

Lying there on his bed, despite being deathly pale, he was still as handsome as ever. Yet your heart clenched with pain at seeing how the blue in his eyes seemed washed out–as if draining away like his life did.

He reached out a hand to you, forcing a soft smile as he beckoned you close.

"No," you shook your head stubbornly.

"Please, meleth," he pleaded weakly, "I do not want us to part like this. Let me hold you."

Tears of sorrow leaked your eyes as you looked at the bandage that had turned gray again, seeping with poisonous curse from the spider Shelob.

When the evil creature stung him, she did not just tainted Legolas' hroa (body), but also his fea (spirit). She wounded him with a cursed venom, one marked with an oath that nothing on Arda can heal but the venom of her own mother that Thranduil once killed–Ungoliant.

Ungoliant died a long time ago. With that, there left no way to undo the curse of your husband.

"An eye for an eye," declared Shelob just before Thranduil killed her, her many eyes, black as night glinted revengefuly at the elven king, "You took the one I love, now I took yours."

Thranduil had come too late then. He did kill the Shelob, but she had plunged her sting of death inside the elf prince's gut.

Now the whole kingdom mourned with no hope. Even the best healer and wizard could not save him.

Your chest tightened at the memory.

"I can't. I do not accept this!" you cried, "What about me? What about this baby inside me?! How am I supposed to raise her alone??"

"You will never be alone. You have the whole kingdom behind you. My father."

"They are not you! I want you!" you snapped angrily.

"Please–"

"I want you to hold on," you insisted, roughly wiped your tears away from your face, "We're going to find another way. I'm gonna find another way."

The sight of your beautiful husband, bed ridden and giving up on life was hard to behold. So without saying more, you fled the room, out of the royal family wing, out to the deserted garden that seemed as if it was dying along with the love of your life.

Your life.

Ha! And here was the so called Vala promising you a good life while your reason for living was right there, lying at the brink of death.

"ELBERETH!!!" you screamed in anger and frustration, hysteric as you yelled the name of the one Vala that brought you upon this world. "YOU LYING BITCH!" you yelled, then you wept, heartbroken. Weakly you sobbed, your hand clutching your aching chest as realization dawned on you. Strength left you. "You're lying to me," you concluded, "You don't care about me. You just used me. I am nothing to you."

"Nothing?" a soft feminine yet ancient voice entered your ears from behind you. "If you want to live long enough to hear me out, then don't look back."