Chapter 8

Writer's POV:

The day right after Eda's graduation Serkan and Eda went to Antalya to see his mother to surprise her with the news about their marriage. Aidan was over the moon when she learned the news. She has always wanted Serkan to get married for so long and now that he is getting married to someone that she loved and adored deeply nothing could have been better. Ferit and Ceren were there with Eda to help her deal with her stress. Eda was worried that something might go wrong. Serkan had finally convinced Eda to start working as a landscape architect at Art Life. Serkan had been busy finishing up some of his work since he was very behind on it while Eda was stuck with Aydan, Ayfer, and her grandmother planning the wedding.

Eda's POV:

Getting married to Serkan felt like a dream. It was one of the most beautiful things that has happened in my life. What I hadn't even thought of when accepting his proposal is the amount of stress that I will get during the time of the engagement. Planning a wedding was supposed to be fun and memorable but when having Aydan hanim, Ayfer hala and grandmother everything was the complete opposite. During the stress Ceren, Selin, Piril, Melo, Fifi, and Seifi have been there to help. The only person that I wished was there to help with my stress was Serkan but I haven't seen him for a week now due to his work. But I just miss him and right now I need him more than anyone else. The two families were going to meet up for the second time tomorrow to talk and everything was a mess last time they met. They always disagree, sometimes their fights are fun to watch but now they are tiring. I just decided to go to work today so that I realize my stress a little bit. When I went to work I saw that Serkan was working in his office upstairs. I stayed downstairs to catch-up on somethings. Everyone had left for their lunch break and I decided to go upstairs to see Serkan. "Hey" I said as I walked inside and closed the door. He got up from his chair and walked towards me we hugged and then he gave me a quick peck on the lips and said "Hi". All the stress of the last couple of days washed away during the time that I was with him. We had lunch together and then I went downstairs while Serkan went to an online meeting.

Serkan's POV:

This week has been very tiring I barely had any free time which meant that I wasn't able to be present during the talks and decisions about the wedding preparations. I knew I was giving Eda a lot at the moment but I had no other choice. Luckily for both of us working in the same firm gave us an opportunity to see each other during the day. Everything in my life has been hectic lately and I can't manage anything which bothered me a lot. Today I have been going from meeting to meeting the only peaceful time I got was during lunch where I spent most of it with Eda. It was my favorite part of the day. My mom had been calling me for an hour now to tell me about the wedding and other social events that me and Eda will have to attend this week. I hated all these events I just want to get married to Eda and leave everything else behind. My mom told me that I had to go to the event that was happening tonight and that I don't have a choice and just hung up the phone which made me really mad. This morning Eda and I had planned on going out and spending time alone but thanks to my mom and mostly our families we couldn't. I didn't want to tell her that we were stuck going to a stupid fancy party with annoying gossip people instead of spending time together so I made the decision not to tell her and just go spend time together without anyone bothering us. I know this will make my mother pissed but I could care less. I had texted her "Do you mind if we postpone our dinner my mom is at the foundation event and they want us to attend, I will come pick you up in around an hour. I will make it up to you. I promise."

Eda's POV:

After I got Serkan's message I immediately got out of my bed and went straight to the shower after a long and relaxing shower. I had a hard time choosing what to wear, Serkan told me that we would be going to one of the foundation's events I was staring at two dresses one of them was a red off shoulder dress and the other was a blue one shoulder dress. In the end of the day I decided to wear the blue dress. I put very light makeup and put my hair in a pony tail. Right after getting dressed I found a message from Serkan saying that he was down stairs I grabbed my purse and wore my shoes and left. On the road Serkan was quieter than usual, I just thought that he was tired then we had arrived at a restaurant not the place of the foundation that's when I realized Serkan had a change of plans in mind. We walked into the restaurant hand in hand, there were candles and red rose petals all around our table. It was the most romantic dinner we had spent a relaxing time together. We went to Serkan's house for a while to spend some time together after a few moments of silence after entering the house Serkan opened the topic about the wedding preparations everything was great in the beginning until Serkan got a text about work and payed most of his attention in that instead of our wedding planning. At first I didn't notice but when I noticed I tried to get his attention when talking didn't work I took his phone from his hands. He got mad and started yelling "What the heck, Eda? what's wrong with you?" After that comment that was probably it for me I had been holding way to much in with the wedding preparations and that he is busy with work but he hasn't even made one decision about the wedding he just says "do whatever you want". When he had his blowout at me taking his phone I decided to let him know what I was actually feeling "Are you actually saying 'what the heck eda,' are you serious do you seriously not realize what you have been doing all this time Serkan. Ever since we said we were getting married and started with the preparations you haven't bothered to make a decision on a single thing.  Let me just remind you this isn't your mothers wedding or my aunts it's OUR'S so WE should be the ones decided about what we want. It shouldn't be just me if you seriously don't want to do anything about the wedding let's just cancel it since you don't want to take part in anything about it" I shouted all fo my anger that I have been feeling for a while now. I felt a little bit of relief after telling him all of this but I needed to know what he thought after both of our blowouts at this point.

Serkan's POV:

To say I was shocked would be an understatement I had no idea that she kept all that inside of her but the other thing is that no one understands what I'm going through. Right now the company is going through some major issues that could lead us to go bankrupt I have been trying my best to keep this company up and now if this falls so will the holding. That was the only reason I kept myself distant from the wedding preparations but after hearing Eda's blowout I realized that we both might need some time to think about everything for a while. I wasn't going to tell her or anyone else for that matter about the company going bankrupt I didn't feel that there was a need to tell anyone I will solve that matter on my own like I always did. What broke me out of my thoughts was the sound of my phone ringing; it was my mother I immediately picked up and said "Mom I will call you in a little bit and explain, bye" and I gave her no chance to answer and hung up the phone. I looked at Eda once again and said "I didn't know you kept all that inside you, I.. uh... I think we should postpone the wedding for a while, for both of us to figure things out first", Eda was frozen in her spot right after my words "Eda?" after I called her name she broke out of that state and just said "What?, I don't understand what are you saying Serkan, do you want to break up?" I immediately shook my head in a "no" and then spoke up "No, of course not, I'm just saying that we should take a break to think things through and take everything step by step calmly. It will be better for both of us to understand each other as well." She stood there frozen for a second and said "We took this way too fast than we should have neither of us are sure about what we want to do right now, you're right we need to think things through but I think let's cancel the wedding". Now it was my turn to be surprised she was turning around to leave when I caught her wrist and turned her to me and said "There is no way this wedding is getting canceled lets take a deep breath right now and sit down watch a movie or something then we can come back to this topic when we are calmer. Alright?", I saw her take a deep breath and then nod, I told her to stay the night at my house since I didn't want to risk being far from her after all that but little did I know what was about to happen. 

Writer's POV:

The next morning Serkan woke up alone in bed he went to look around for Eda everywhere around the house but she was gone when he returned to his room to take his phone to call her he found a text message from Eda "My love, I think it's best we take a break and put some distance between us I need some time to think. Please don't look for me, no one knows where I am and to be honest I prefer it this way. Don't be mad and please don't blame yourself for anything. I'm fine don't worry about me. Goodbye, your love, Eda Yildiz". Serkan thought that he was imagining things and that Eda just went to relax somewhere for a couple of days and she will be back to him and they will get married. Little did Serkan know that this goodbye would have been the last thing he received from Eda. 

Author's Note:

So I'm back and as promised here's the chapter sorry for the delay if you read the author's note you will understand. How about that plot twist. Anyways I know in the author's note before this I said that I will update on Friday but right now I honestly can't stop writing and my school starts tomorrow so I'm going to try to write as much as I can today and if I finish it tonight I will upload it and still upload on Friday. Anyways, please give vote, comment, and give some suggestions on how you want this story to go and I can include it in this story or in the EdSer One Shots that I'm writing. See you soon!❤️